|SmartEtailing, founded in 1999, provides comprehensive website and marketing solutions for North American specialty bicycle retailers that drive sales and increase profits. With SmartEtailing, a bike shop's website is transformed from a passive advertisement to an interactive content-rich marketing vehicle that informs and sells to customers. SmartEtailing is committed to the business success of local specialty bicycle retailers, and their partner suppliers, by providing tools that help them effectively compete in an evolving retail environment.|
SmartEtailing offers a small office work environment located in Boulder, CO with a creative and casual atmosphere, compelling work and accountable peers. All clients are in the bicycle industry, so work days are fun and interesting.
The Brand & Supplier Liaison is responsible for working with cycling industry brands and suppliers to ensure their product information is accurate and current in the SmartEtailing Library (a unified e-commerce style catalog of cycling products), as well as aid in the enrollment of brands/suppliers in other SmartEtailing services. This person will establish, support and leverage existing and new relationships to mutual advantage for SmartEtailing, our retailers and the brands/suppliers that support them. This person will have business contacts and build relationships with sales managers, marketing managers and some IT personnel.
This position is a part of the Product Department and position reports to the Content Manager and has no direct reports. This position will be located in the company’s Boulder, CO office.
Product Content Liaison:
● Proactively work with contacts at over 350 cycling industry brands/suppliers to obtain product information to be populated in the SmartEtailing Catalog Library, preferably in our proprietary template format.
● Collect information for annual brand updates as well as point-in-time product launches.
● Stay current on when new products are being released by researching bicycle media, brand B2B websites, signing up for PR mailing lists, and engaging with industry contacts to stay abreast of launches. Work with all stakeholders to provide Content team as much lead time as possible.
● When data does not conform to SmartEtailing standards, engage in dialogue with brands to ensure their products are as accurately represented as possible.
● Clearly demonstrate and communicate the value of SmartEtailing to brands/suppliers.
● Review and perform minor manipulations to Excel spreadsheets to verify data as it is received.
● Learn the entire Content entry process and how procured data gets turned into finished shoppable items in our catalog with the intent of clearly explaining to brands/suppliers how the process works.
● Conduct limited quality assurance tasks to ensure the quality of product entry with the purpose of delivering exceptional customer service and accountability to brands/suppliers.
● Work with SmartEtailing marketing team to generate email marketing and informational materials for brands/suppliers to aid in data procurement.
● Internal liaising with Marketing Agency Manager, Marketing Strategists, and National Campaigns Manager to ensure the product catalog is correctly updated as part of every marketing project.
Software Integration Assistant Liaison:
● Explain fundamental SmartEtailing software functionality to brands/suppliers in the cycling industry.
● Explain and answer questions about brand/supplier integrations with SmartEtailing.
● Work with current industry partners and be proactive to procure qualified leads for SmartEtailing’s data integration services: Supplier Sync, MAP Protection, Buy Local Now, and potential new services.
● Professionally transfer leads to appropriate senior SmartEtailing employee to complete sales process.
● Serve as technical backup to Senior Systems Engineer for integrations services support as needed.
This is not a comprehensive list of possible responsibilities, tasks and duties. There are a variety of other duties that will need to be completed on an as needed basis.
● Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, or related field
● 2+ years in sales and/or customer service
● Proficient in Microsoft Excel
● Customer Resource Management (CRM) experience a plus
● Courteous, professional phone and email communications experience
● Ability to achieve results while building/maintaining professional relationships
● Proficient at utilizing and communicating about web-based software
● Organized and proficient at managing overlapping projects in a detail-oriented manner
● Exceptional attention to detail
● Understands, interprets and implements feedback effectively
● Self-motivated with a positive attitude for work
● Limited domestic travel may be required & valid driver’s license
● Retail work experience preferred
● Passion for and knowledge of cycling is a plus
● Hard-working, creative and eager to learn
● Fun and friendly
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment criminal background check.