TerraTrike, the world leader in recumbent trikes, is seeking a creative and talented R&D Lead. This full-time position includes, but is not limited to, brainstorming product development and/or improvement, researching market needs, creating proof-of-concept prototypes and creating prints for manufacturing. Pay will be commensurate with experience.
TerraTrike is a team environment where everyone is a part of helping improve our customer’s lives every day. With approximately 60% market share in an accelerating market there is plenty of opportunity for growth. TerraTrike prides itself on being a fun place to work and we work hard while having fun. We do our best to not micromanage our team members, but rather hold each individual accountable to everyone else.
- Manage proof of concept prints, prototyping and testing of new products while considering end user needs, technical realities, brand attributes and business needs.
- Create prints for new products as well as exploded views of existing products for online manuals and line drawings for marketing support.
- Assist in extracting and leveraging feedback for new product concepts and current product improvements through all channels of sales.
- Involve sales and marketing in the development process.
- Set, maintain and meet development time lines that work toward product implementation plan and get product to market in a timely manner.
- Maintain relationships and effective communication with suppliers throughout the development process.
- Assist with and work through product manufacturing/introduction timelines with the team.
- Maintain design criteria with the development of products.
- Seek out more efficient and effective ways to help push the company forward.
- Understand and help with functions of other departments to proactively improve personal area of responsibility as well as that of others.
- Effective communicator
- Open to change
- Out-of-the-box thinker
- Team player
- Always seeking to improve
- Pluses Include:
- SolidWorks 2017
- Welding Capabilities
- Manual Mill Operation
- Creative ingenuity
- Ability to quickly produce and test proof-of-concept prototypes
- Occasional travel will be required.