The Position: Product Manager
Hadley Development, LLC, a product design and sourcing company, specializes in outdoor sporting and hunting goods in both hard lines and soft goods. This dynamic company has an immediate opening for an organized, detail oriented, and positive team player to join our Product Development department as our Product Manager at our corporate office in Wichita, KS. Employees are needed that share our passion for the outdoors and drive for success. Hadley works with many of today’s leading brands and retailers and offers a unique career for motivated, hard-working individuals who love the great outdoors.
This position will be responsible for tracking all aspects of the development and production of their assigned brand’s products. This involves acting as a liaison between design and overseas vendors by executing the overall development process, making sure all tasks for the development of styles are scheduled in time for sales meetings, and communicating sample status and overall development timing to the Design and Product Development departments. We are willing to train if the right candidate presents itself.
Ideal Candidate will:
· Be passionate about the outdoors and outdoor lifestyle
· Find excitement in supporting design, development, production of high-performance hunting, fishing, outdoor gear, and apparel
· Recognize the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships
· Have technical knowledge of hard lines and or fabrics, construction, finishes, trims, fitting, and techniques.
· Communicate with overseas and domestic vendors daily.
· Manage production calendar to ensure on-time delivery of samples and production
· Manage approvals of fabrics, colors, and trims from design department; initiate open communication and team environment with all business partners.
· Manage price negotiations to meet cost targets and improve profitability
· Track bulk fabric, PP sample, shipment sample and bulk shipments and notify the department managers when there is a potential delay.
· Ensure on-time delivery and quality in all aspects of the brand’s development and production.
· Troubleshoot issues as they arise.
· Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables you to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
· Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
· Minimum 0-3 years related experience and/or training
· Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
· Ability to learn new systems and processes.
· Ability to multi-task: Use the combination of organization, time management, scheduling and preparation to get multiple tasks done by the established deadlines.
· Able to work well under pressure.
· Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency; strong sense of time awareness.
· Thorough attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
· Creative approach to problem solving.
· Strong presentation and sales skills to help grow accounts and garner new business
· Team-oriented, entrepreneurial, proactive attitude
Hadley Development not only offers competitive pay, but we also pride ourselves on a well-rounded, generous benefits package with Paid Time Off in addition to other perks. Additionally, the Company firmly believes in the importance of maintaining a proper work-life balance.
If this sounds like a position you genuinely want to fill, send us your resume and cover letter telling us about yourself and why you would like to work with us. Out of state candidates are welcome to apply, as long as you are willing to relocate to our wonderful city: Wichita, Kansas
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Job Location: Wichita, KS
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 0-1 years