The Position: Assistant Store Manager
The Position: Assistant Retail Store Manager- Fairfield, CT
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER
Opportunity for growth and long term employment.
At Cycleology Bike & Ski our customers enjoy the experience of shopping “local” in a welcoming environment with extremely attentive & knowledgeable staff that have a passion for all things ski & bike. As an Assistant Manager in our store, you'll be responsible for sales, helping to train new staff, maintaining our high customer service standards, assisting with inventory and social media, and keeping general operations running smoothly.
Benefits include a great team environment, competitive pay, paid vacation and sick time. You also get great discounts on all the top brands we carry.
• Strong sales floor presence
• Build loyal customer relationships to provide the highest level of service
• Help monitor and maintain inventory accuracy
• Assist with day to day general operations such as cash management, sales floor coverage, customer service issues, special orders etc.
• Assist with monitoring low-stock and out-of-stock items
• Assist with social media postings
• Coach new and existing staff to increase sales
• Stay informed on latest gear and trends
****We are looking for someone who enjoys customer interaction and demonstrates a strong interest in and commitment to the ski/bike industry.
Skills and Requirements:
Applicants for the position of Assistant Manager should be:
• Experience with ski, and cycling equipment and clothing and have the ability to communicate that knowledge
• Able to direct staff, take responsibility, and troubleshoot problems
• Self-motivated and driven to improve
• Comfortable in a fast-paced retail environment
• Interested in expanding personal knowledge about products
• People-oriented with strong communication skills, taking pride in helping customers make choices or resolve problems
• Strong computer skills
• Able to work weekends
• Able to lift up to 25-50 lbs.
• High School Diploma or GED
• College degree in business, retail management, or related field a plus
Job Location: Fairfield, CT
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Required Experience Required: 1-3 years