Marketplace Platform Manager
Posted by Leatherman on 11/28/2021
Industry Sector: , Action, Bike, Fishing, Fitness, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Ecommerce Management, Management - Brand, Management - Product -Brand, Manufacturing, Marketing & Digital Marketing
Company Type: Accessories, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 10+ years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 team members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Please visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
The Marketplace Platform Manager will own the development and execution of Leatherman’s global marketplace platform strategies. This role will be highly collaborative with internal and external stakeholders to deliver a world class consumer experience on global marketplace platforms, while supporting Leatherman’s long-term business objectives and goals. The Marketplace Platform Manager will develop Leatherman’s global consumer relationships that promote growth, retention, and loyalty.
· Develop and execute multi-year global marketplace platform roadmap including optimizing existing marketplace platform channels and expansion into new and emerging marketplace platform channels.
· Migrate Leatherman consumers from marketplace platform channels to Leatherman direct channels
· Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to plan and secure resources supporting global marketplace platform roadmap.
· Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop and deliver on KPIs.
· Deliver an optimal Leatherman consumer experience on global marketplace platforms with a focus on continuously improving the consumer experience.
· Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver a consistent consumer experience across marketplace, retail and direct channels.
· Develop and execute strategies to maintain healthy and viable seller accounts on all marketplace platforms.
· Successfully identify, build, and maintain healthy relationships with key 3-party service providers as necessary to support global logistical and administrative needs.
· Collaborate with Brand Marketing and Digital teams, and external stakeholders to successfully execute digital brand and marketing campaigns and promotions.
· In partnership in with internal and external legal resources, ensure that strategies and tactics align with all relevant local laws and regulations in each marketplace.
· Ensure a best-in-class product catalog on each marketplace that is on-brand and delivers an optimal shopping experience. Manage product merchandise assortments and life-cycles on platforms.
· Collaborate cross-functionally to develop and maintain healthy inventory positions on all marketplaces.
· Own and communicate marketing policies and procedures, review periodically, and adjust to meet the needs of the business or customer.
· Develop, manage and report on department budget.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Digital, Technology or related field required.
· Ten or more years successful management experience and ability to mentor, set direction and guidance to employees.
· Experience with 3rd part global platform management with proven success creating synergy between Brand and Retail required.
· Proven experience executing digital brands and marketing campaigns to reach global digital consumer, required.
· Knowledge of international business practices (import and export).
· Intermediate knowledge base of Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Position can be remote, hybrid, or in-office setting based on business need. Employees working remote must be flexible to work in-office as required for work assignments, meetings, etc.
We care about the Health and Wellbeing of our Employees
Leatherman believes having healthy employees contributes to a healthy and productive workplace and community. While we're all responsible for our own overall health and well-being, Leatherman works toward helping employees make healthy lifestyle choices and changes that improve their health and overall quality of life through its many Health and Well being Resources.
- Free/low cost on-site primary care health center
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
- Behavioral health programs
- Pet insurance
- Onsite health coaching
- Lifestyle and fitness programs
- Tuition assistance
- Employee volunteer program
- Generous employee discounts
- Onsite fitness center
- Paid time off
We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential.
We create innovative products that prepare people for the expected and unexpected and result in real tales of triumph.
Our vision is to be the global multipurpose brand of choice.
Pre-employment background check and drug screening is required. Leatherman Is An Equal Opportunity Employer