Senior Product Development Manager – Hunting & Shooting
Posted by The Allen Company on 01/14/2022
Industry Sector: Hunting/Shooting, Outdoor
Job Categories: Design - Accessories, Design - Apparel, Design & Development - Product
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 7 - 10 years
Contact Name: John Grover
Contact Phone: 3035965064
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
Senior Product Development Manager – Hunting & Shooting (recruiting for the Allen Company)
The Allen Company (www.byAllen.com) has grown into one of the premier brands in the outdoor industry. We passionately focus on developing high-quality hunting, shooting, archery, and tactical gear with value. As outdoor enthusiasts, we understand the customers’ passion for what they do and are excited to be the brand they choose for their next adventure. Whether you take to the field or the range, our products are designed and tested by outdoor experts to ensure optimal performance at the highest level. Your experience is only limited by your gear—discover your potential with the Allen Company.
We are looking for an experienced and creative product development pro who is passionate about hunting & shooting. The Senior Product Development Manager is an integral part of our innovative expansion into new categories, as well as growing existing product lines. The role is responsible for the design, development and launch of profitable and innovative new products that focus on hunting and shooting. You’ll be responsible for all aspects of product development, launch and management in all stages of the product life cycle. The position offices out of our headquarters in Louisville, Colorado.
· Design, develop and source consumer products for the sporting goods industry, specifically hunting and shooting accessories
· Creative thinker and problem solver, able to create innovative products on time, on spec and on budget
· Develop products that exceed expectations but also meet pre-determined costing targets, quality expectations and sourcing capabilities
· Develop products in a wide range of manufacturing processes and price points
· Work closely with sales, purchasing and marketing to ensure clear communication and expectations between departments
· Maintain a thorough understanding of industry trends, be a product line expert supporting sales and marketing initiatives at internal and external meetings
· Be passionate about hunting & shooting with the knowledge to create unique items in multiple categories and have a deep understanding of these consumers
· Bachelor’s degree and at least 7 years of success in hardgoods product development as a product designer or developer
· Professional experience designing or developing products for the hunting, archery or shooting market
· Thorough understanding of the design, development, and merchandising process from concept through production
· Comprehensive understanding of product costing with the keen ability to find value driven pricing solutions to meet margin goals
· Proven performance history with both domestic and overseas manufacturing
· Technical design and management software expertise: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Working knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software, Solid Works, or similar a plus
· Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
· Thrives in a fast paced, high sku count, deadline driven environment
· Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally
What you get:
· Excellent compensation commensurate with experience plus Health insurance including medical, dental and life.
· Generous paid time off and holiday policy.
· Flexible 3 days in office + 2 days work from home schedule.
· An “own your job” and get it done supportive culture.
· The chance to learn and grow with a profitable, privately held, and scaling outdoor industry company.
At Allen we understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We work to build a culture that attracts a diverse mix of talented people who are committed and vibrant team members that bring determination and passion to work every day. We recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a broad and diverse candidate pool. We encourage you to apply!
About The Allen Company
What started over 50 years ago, in Broomfield, Colorado, with a single gun case, Allen Company has grown into one of the premier brands in the outdoor industry. We passionately focus on developing high-quality hunting, shooting, archery, and tactical gear with value.