Customer Service Representative
Posted by Gregory Mountain Products on 01/21/2022
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Customer Service
Company Type: Gym/Outfitter, HardGoods/Equipment
City: Salt Lake City
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Your Role at Gregory
You will be the front-line ambassador for our brand. We are looking for a candidate that will partner with our passionate and incredibly talented team to build an authentic, professional and world class consumer experience.
· Support incoming consumers via multiple media channels (phone, email, chat, SMS, and social media) while maintaining a high level of professionalism and patience.
· Assist consumers with topics such as (but not limited to):
o Brand, website, or product knowledge based on questions and complaints.
o Taking online orders, including payments.
o Resolving returns and order complaints.
o Communicating our Lifetime Warranty policies and repair options.
· Support e-commerce sales (only inbound consumers) by driving the close of consumer support into sales opportunities.
· Meeting and surpassing determined productive metrics on a consistent basis.
· Utilize knowledge of policies along with problem-solving skills to de-escalate and resolve consumer issues.
· Partner with various internal departments to keep current on product information, brand initiatives, e-commerce events, and system changes.
· Responsible for following compliance procedures while still providing genuine support to consumers.
We’re Excited If You Have
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Passionate outdoor user with general knowledge of outdoor gear and equipment
· At least 1-2 years minimum of customer service experience handling inbound consumer support or comparable outdoor specialty retail experience
· Must have excellent communication and listening skills – written and oral
· High level of patience when handling consumers
· High attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task and stay organized
· Professional and friendly demeanor
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Strong computer literacy and call center software experience
Preferred Skills and Industry experience:
· Consumer goods experience within a call customer service environment, ideally with an outdoor oriented company
· CRM/E-commerce Software: Gladly, Aptos, HUB2, SAP, Wilke or comparable CRM platforms
· Microsoft Software Familiarity: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams, SharePoint
· Passion for learning about new products, including end-use, features and benefits on a seasonal basis
· Interest and willingness to provide feedback to R&D on relevant new product development when required
· Ability to quickly understand a customer’s needs and recommend the right gear for their specific life adventure
· Various Software: Adobe Acrobat and Google Docs
Why You’ll Love Working Here
Our North America office is located just a few miles south of downtown Salt Lake City at the base of the Wasatch Mountains, giving our small, tight-knit team amazing access to world-class hiking, biking, fishing, skiing and snowboarding within a stone’s throw of the office. With 360-degree views and open windows, you can enjoy the fresh air and you can feel the energy of the mountains all around you.
At the risk of giving the ole sales pitch, we are proud of our culture at Gregory, so why not tell you about it. The work environment is fun and dynamic, with no shortage of learning opportunities due to our highly collaborative environment. We have a work-hard, play-hard mentality and are supportive of finding a healthy work/life balance. When it comes to professional development, our high employee retention rate and tenured team is the best indicator that there is no shortage of opportunities to learn and grow. We are fortunate to have a passionate and supportive parent company, Samsonite, a world leader in the travel space, which provides financial stability and allows us to pay competitive salaries with great benefits. At the end of the day, we put a lot of value on each and every one of our team members.
What We Value
We are a product-driven company, so we place a huge amount of value in high quality design, craftsmanship, materials, and responsible sourcing. We care about our outdoor playgrounds and the future of the planet, so we seek out environmentally conscious innovation and take real, science-based steps to measure and reduce our overall footprint. We believe in the incredible physical and mental health benefits we acquire from spending time outdoors. We seek to foster aspiration without intimidation, and we welcome all adventurers.
Our passion drives us to ensure every one of our products bears the mark of our hands-on, ground-up effort to curate new ideas, materials and technology to deliver something that is uniquely Gregory. This ingenuity and passion-driven mission can be felt beyond our products across all aspects of the company. It informs the style in which interact with our customers, our consumers, and our community. No matter how our consumers define adventure or wherever their curiosity leads them, it’s our job to enhance and empower their experiences.
Gregory is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and maintaining a work environment in which all applicants, associates, customers, and other individuals are treated with dignity and respect free from unlawful harassment, discrimination, or retaliation.
About Gregory Mountain Products
Since 1977, Gregory Mountain Products has been a legacy brand in the outdoor industry and our products are sold in over 45 countries. We are a global leader in backpacking, hiking, everyday adventure and active travel products. We believe that exploration is all about the spirit and drive to make your life what you want, and our mission is to build gear you can trust to take you there. We have received countless innovation and product awards over the years, but most importantly our packs have been worn on millions of adventures and helped create a million smiles along the way.