Ski & Outdoor Partnership Marketing Manager
Posted by Helly Hansen on 04/29/2022
Industry Sector: Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Marketing & Digital Marketing
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: 60,000 - 70,000
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
Ski and Outdoor Partnership Marketing Manager – US – Helly Hansen
If you are a passionate fan of the outdoors and Helly Hansen gear, we want to hear from you.
Since 1877, Helly Hansen has continued to develop professional grade apparel that helps people stay and feel alive. By working with outdoor professionals, they have developed many first-to-market innovations including the first supple waterproof fabrics in 1877, the first fleece in 1960 and many more since. To help tell the stories of the brand, and work with its professionals on a daily basis, Helly Hansen is looking for an exceptional Ski and Outdoor Partnership Marketing Manager in the US.
We provide a dynamic international setting, a fun, high-energy environment, competitive pay, large product discount, and a full benefits package, including 100% paid medical and dental coverage for employees, 401(k) with employer match, and generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
You will report to the US Marketing Director. Specific responsibilities will include:
Leads the intersection of Brand and Ski/Outdoor partners with US specific influences and market dynamics in order to maximize marketing investments and impact in Ski/Outdoor channels.
· Manage, drive and leverage key ski and outdoor partnerships in the US, including ski resorts, heli ski, mountain guiding as well as search and rescue partners.
· Work with the core of the Helly Hansen brand, professionals, driving deep partnership and collaboration with them.
· Aligning the brand strategy with partner priorities to develop new activations and programs beyond the status quo.
· Work with the Key Account Manager, Sales team and local Retailers to translate the drive of the partnerships with aligned retail avenues.
· Strategically align with the eCom group to drive communication, activation and membership of the Pro Program.
· Lead resort employee event series and planning, connecting the brand with resort professionals.
· Work strategically, building a network with other regions of Helly Hansen to identify joined opportunities and sharing of best practices.
Leads effort to strengthen and leverage HH within the US market via successful and creative marketing programs and activations with ski and outdoor partners.
· Build and develop playbook to track, leverage and extract the optimal value out of each partnership.
· Identify and present new opportunities for partnership activities that strengthen the brand while driving positive impact in sell through or brand advocacy.
· Ideation and development of visual and written content with partners to drive storytelling in HH and partner’s channels.
· Work with US Marketing Director to ensure the brand and branding is being represented accurately with partners, at events and across the market.
Executional and Operational Management
Responsible for the key elements of the marketing mix and the development and execution of annual plans within specified budgets.
· Execute the full activation plan in a timely and measured manner.
· Take an approach of constant evaluation of events and activations mid and post season for effectiveness and to always optimize for future playbooks and partnerships.
· Work with graphic design and digital teams to develop assets for use within partnership guidelines.
· Management of local event activation team(s), steering event activation goals and ensuring a seamless brand experience.
· Ability to effectively manage multiple partnership programs simultaneously and at a high level.
· Coordinate and lead seasonal product showings with partners to secure product alignment, placing pre-book orders to align with timing and product needs of partners while remaining on budget.
· Collect and enable product feedback avenues with Helly Hansen professionals to deliver to the product team to impact future products.
· Work with the sales team throughout the sell in process and key account line showings.
· Setup, attend and take meetings at various trade shows.
· Provide local expertise with product team and local Sales Reps to further develop programs within ski racing and freeride/big mountain team partnerships.
· Work in partnership with the US Marketing Specialist to develop content with ski and outdoor professional partnerships to utilize in owned channels.
· Manage Partnership and Events Budgets.
· Create tools for sales reps supporting the Professional Services line via Excel and Digital Buyer’s Guide.
· Marketing execution fully integrated with Product and Sales initiatives within the region.
· Working with / within Central Marketing’s Brand & Seasonal strategies.
The successful candidate will have:
· 3 – 5 years combined marketing experience.
· A BA/BS Degree (preferably with a Marketing focus).
· Self-starter, taking initiative to drive projects independently.
· Relationships/network to outdoor & ski communities is a plus.
· Strong operational knowledge of marketing tools and tactics and the skills to align resources to achieve objectives.
· Project Management
· Presentation Skills
· Sales experience / Sales Oriented POV
· Superior communication skills
· Experience working with a global consumer products brand preferred.
· Experience in the Outdoor Industry is a plus.
· Computer skills (Microsoft Office – Strong Excel Skills, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator)
· Ability to travel 20-25% (mostly within the US).
· Role to be based remotely from Denver, CO or the nearby area.
Helly Hansen is an equal opportunity employer.
About Helly Hansen
Founded in Norway in 1877, Helly Hansen?continues to develop?professional grade apparel that helps people stay and feel alive.? Through?insights drawn from living and working in the world’s harshest environments, the company has developed a long list of first-to-market innovations, including the first supple waterproof fabrics more than 140 years ago. Helly Hansen is a leader in technical sailing and performance ski apparel, as well as premium workwear. Its uniforms are worn and trusted by more than 55,000 professionals and can be found on Olympians, National Teams, and at more than 200 ski resorts and mountain guiding operations around the world.