Mountain Adventures Guide
Posted by Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation on 05/13/2022
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Ski Resort - Adventure Park Staff
Company Type: Recreation, Service, TravelandTourism
City: Park City
Country: United States
Required Experience: 0 - 1 year
Job Type: Seasonal Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
As a mountain adventures guide you will be responsible for leading guests through our ten adventure activities and providing an excellent guest service experience. As a guide you will be working outside with other highly motivated outdoor-minded people. Must be enthusiastic, energetic, and outgoing. This position above all else is tasked with ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience for our staff and guests at all times.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Accountability
- Operate all assigned activities
- Perform and document daily inspections
- Maintain guest and employee safety as a top priority and follow all safety protocols and procedures.
- Effectively and clearly explain activity instructions to guests
- Act in a courteous service oriented manner
- Take tickets/ check wristbands
- Wear park uniform and always be well groomed and neat
- Flexible mindset/ willing to help wherever needed
- All other job responsibilities as assigned
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Flexible work schedule – must be willing to work day, nights, weekends, holidays
- Able to ride and work all assigned activities comfortably
- Must meet rider requirements of assigned activities
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time
- Must be comfortable at extreme heights
- Ability to work outside in all temperatures/ weather extremes
- Unlimited park passes for your immediate family
- 6 friends or family passes (employee vouchers are nontransferable and cannot be sold)
- Monthly staff parties
- 20% off in the museum gift shop.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice.
About Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation
Built for the Salt Lake 2002 Olympic Winter Games, Utah Olympic Park is located in Park City, just 25 miles east of Salt Lake City, Utah. The nearly 400 acre venue houses one of only four sliding tracks in North America, six Nordic ski jumps, a 2002 Winter Games museum, and a multitude of adventure activities. Utah Olympic Park is a dynamic multi-use facility focused on developing and growing participation in winter sports in the state of Utah and is an official USOC Training Site.