Adaptive Sports Coordinator
Posted by Adaptive Adventures on 08/29/2022
Industry Sector: Bike, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Camp Staff & Counselors, Guide (raft,fish,bike hunt,horse etc.), Instructor Including Ski & Patrol, Operations, Outdoor Education, Outfitter- Adventure Travel Staff
Company Type: Events, Gym/Outfitter, Recreation, School/Military
Country: United States
Required Experience: Intern
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Adaptive Sports Coordinator Job Description
The Adaptive Sports Coordinator is a valued position within Adaptive Adventures program team. Adaptive Sports Coordinators assist with the planning, implementation and execution of adaptive sports programs including but not limited to: cycling, climbing, kayaking, paddleboarding, dragon boat racing and skiing. Adaptive Sports Coordinators play an important role in maintaining Adaptive Adventures positive, empowering and inclusive culture. This position reports to the Program Director and Adaptive Sports Lead Adaptive Adventures is currently seeking to add an Adaptive Sports Coordinator to our team in Westminster, CO. The Adaptive Sports Coordinator will assist and lead ongoing programs in Colorado, as well as, travel to serve other areas of the country.
General Responsibilities Include the Following:
Program Planning and Operations
- Collaborates with the Program Director and fellow Adaptive Sports Coordinators on establishing program specific goals and objectives; including identifying, developing and implementing program opportunities.
- Works with the Program Director to determine necessary resources; including program supplies, venue, participant marketing and volunteers.
- Implements Adaptive Adventures program delivery procedures at all events as detailed in the pre-event, event delivery and post-event procedures.
- Assists in identifying and cultivating volunteers to successfully meet needs of the program.
- Assists in provision of appropriate training to all program volunteers and interns.
- Ensures programs are delivered effectively to all participants.
- Assists the Program Director in program planning process including calendar postings, volunteer recruitment, equipment loading, participant recruitment, communication with partner staff and venue set up.
- Assists the Program Director and Adaptive Sports Coordinators in program delivery including registration, risk management and safety, volunteer management, adaptive sport delivery and venue tear down.
- Assists the Program Director and Adaptive Sports Coordinators in post-event duties including storage and unloading of equipment, data entry, reporting and follow up with participants, volunteers and other community members as necessary.
- Implements appropriate safety and risk management protocols as related to specific program.
- Ensures all essential program equipment is available and in good working order for events. This includes securing additional equipment when necessary, maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Assists in actively recruiting participants for programs utilizing all of the resources available, human and technological, to maximize event participation.
- Provides direct client services, support and instruction in all programs as needed.
- Works cohesively with the Adaptive Adventures Team to contribute to a dynamic work environment and exceptional program delivery.
- Follows policies and procedures as defined by Adaptive Adventures manuals.
- Reports concerns and issues directly to supervisor.
- Engages in all other duties as assigned.
- Ideal candidates may have experience in one or more of the following: adaptive sports, therapeutic recreation, physical therapy, occupational therapy, exercise and/or sports science or physical medicine and rehab.
- Prior knowledge and experience in adaptive sports preferred but not required.
- A personal passion for outdoor recreation! Skills and experience in cycling, climbing or paddling preferred.
- Seeking a high-energy leader and engaging individual.
- Willingness to perform manual labor loading and unloading trailers in hot weather conditions.
- Strong organizational, management and leadership skills with the ability to prioritize projects enhancing work flow using independent judgment in making decisions that affect day to day operations of Adaptive Adventures.
- Has the ability to work with a variety of different people including potential sponsors, event managers, volunteers, participants with special needs, Board of Directors and program staff.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Salary range: $42,000-45,000
Additional benefits include: a generous and flexible time-off policy, health insurance with options for dental and vision, a monthly cell phone stipend, paid professional education and related travel expenses, paid certifications and professional fees.
About Adaptive Adventures
Adaptive Adventures’ vision is to ensure that all individuals with physical disabilities have access to participation in outdoor sports regardless of their location, equipment needs or economic status. Our unique organization travels the country and establishes direct program services, training, equipment, resources, funding, administrative support, and sustainable programs in unserved and underserved communities. Our programs provide individuals with progressive skills that lead to greater independence in outdoor sports, camaraderie, improved health, among other benefits of recreation in the outdoors.
We believe that outdoor recreation offers valuable physical, mental, emotional and social benefits, which help individuals improve their quality of life and overall health and wellness. We provide programs in adaptive cycling, climbing, kayaking, paddle boarding, dragon boat racing, skiing, waterskiing and rafting.