Quality Assurance Developer
Posted by Mystery Ranch on 11/15/2022
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Manufacturing
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Contact Name: Caroline Arce
Contact Phone: 406.585.1428
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Quality Assurance Developer
Department: Product Development
Report to: Quality Manager
Status: Exempt, Full-Time Position based in Bozeman, MT
The Quality Assurance Developer will be responsible for the inspection and verification of all new product developments to ensure that the outputs of Product Development meet MYSTERY RANCH quality standards and anticipate quality efficiencies for large scale manufacturing. The Quality Assurance Developer will work closely with the Product Development Team throughout the development phase, as well as factory partners and the Vietnam Office during the pre-production phase to ensure that individual product construction details and inspection criteria have been well defined and communicated. They will also act as the main feedback loop for our factories to our development team allowing them to focus on new developments during pre-production and bulk production phases. The QA developer will have a strong eye for detail, a systematic and process driven approach to the timely execution of deliverables against seasonal product development and commercialization calendars, and an intimate understanding of relevant construction methods, quality standards, materials, and manufacturing processes.
· Ensure that our suppliers are provided with the best opportunity to make MR product both efficiently and effectively while maintaining our known quality standards.
· Work closely with the MR Quality Team in Vietnam. Ensuring that current MR quality and inspection processes and outputs are duplicated. Work with factories and Vietnam office in developing standardization of sampling process. To include Sample inspection reports, trim card delivery method, responsible shipping methods.
· The QA developer will own the quality onboarding process for new suppliers. Travel to factories as needed to properly onboard new vendors and ensure the smooth transition from the sampling and pre-production phases to the production phase.
· Keep and maintain an accurate inventory of all PP samples at MR and at our suppliers. Requesting new samples when samples become outdated. Regularly audit supplier PP sample inventories to ensure accurate samples are maintained.
· Work closely with Designers, Product Developers, and Quality Team members to inspect and audit Product Development samples, prototypes, sub-assemblies, and other constructions for Quality Assurance purposes. Feedback with Design & Development team members regarding proposed changes and improvements to design and construction methods for increased quality outputs during manufacturing. Inspect factory samples and prototypes (Pricing, SMS, PP, TOP) and provide feedback and troubleshoot issues with manufacturers and Product Developers alike.
· Work with the Quality Manager to develop QA priorities for new product developments and communicate with factory partners on QA processes, milestones, etc.
· Oversee the Pre-Production phase of the Product Development calendar – ensure that SMS/Pricing comments have been received, that Pre-Production sample request/POs have been issued and that the appropriate measures have been taken to communicate deviances to the QC and PD teams.
· Work with QA team members in developing specific inspection instructions, callouts, and criteria both by product and by product category for the QC Team. Feedback with the QC Team on the form and function of these instructions to continuously improve. Coordinate with the Technical Document Developer to ensure that Production and Pricing Packages have accurate 2D visual representations.
· Assist the Development team in BOM verification and auditing as needed and work closely with Product Developers to ensure that Production Package information is complete and accurate prior to sending new packages to our suppliers.
· Data Accuracy = Overall accuracy of the finished Production Packages
· Minimization of quality defects
· Communication = Internal and external communication is timely, concise, and appropriate.
· Attend classes or training as required
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
· This is a full-time position based at the Bozeman, MT MYSTERY RANCH headquarters
· Remote work is at the discretion of the manager(s) and dependent on the company's policies that are in place at any given time
· This position may require working off-hours outside of the regular Monday-Friday,
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
· Travel: The ability to travel both domestically and internationally as necessary up to 50% of the time
· Ability to work and communicate in a culturally diverse environment?
· Must possess a current, valid passport.
· High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
· Development, and/or material knowledge related to the Outdoor Industry
· Experience working with contract manufacturers
· Experience working with quality systems
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office with working knowledge of Excel.
· Ability to quickly adjust priorities