Posted by Camofire/BlackOvis on 01/20/2023
Industry Sector: Hunting/Shooting
Job Categories: Finance
Company Type: Retailer
City: West Valley City, UT
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: 90,000 - 110,000 DOE
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
BlackOvis.com and Camofire.com are two websites that buy and resell high quality branded hunting/outdoor gear and equipment to customers all over the United States. The company, Camofire Holdings Inc, has been around for 15 years and has grown consistently in a cash flow positive manner, aggregating a very loyal base of enthusiast customers. Recently, we added a strategic management and financial partner to our team to continue building the legacy as a highly regarded player in the industry. We are searching for a high energy finance and accounting professional to help us continue to professionalize and hone our accounting processes while being a key thought leader alongside a long tenured and well respected CEO.
The Financial Manager must have solid communication, technology, organization, analytical, and management skills. Candidates should possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). The role usually requires at least five years of relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. Further, candidates who have a master’s degree in business administration (MBA) or professional accreditation such as certified public accountant (CPA), certified management accountant (CMA) or chartered global management accountant (CGMA) are preferred, although previous real-time experience in similar roles is always more impactful.
- Leading the cash flow aspect of the organization to optimize the internal investments made in people, processes, and systems
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions including Accounts Payable, Sales Tax reconciliation and other related areas of thefinance function.
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Managing the budget process
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Developing Standard Operating Procedures (“SOP’s”) for the company
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff as the business continues to grow
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
- Demonstrated experience building integrated cash flow budgets, including a 13-week cash flow, annual budgets, and multi-year 3-statement projections
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and simultaneous projects
- Strong leadership with effective communication skills
- Excellent written, presentation, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Strong desire to build an organization and do what it takes to get the job done
Camofire.com and BlackOvis.com are top of the hunting industry ecommerce websites with individually unique focuses.
Camofire has been a hunting industry leading flash sale website since inception over 14 years ago. What started as a single item per day has grown to now offer 80 unique deals each day. With brand relationships across the entire hunting and outdoor industries, Camofire is a well established retailer.
BlackOvis has established itself over the past 10 years as a leading ecommerce retailer by offering the best products from all of the top brands in the hunt and outdoor industries.
We have a humble philosophy and approach to our team; simply put, nothing is below any of our team members. We work hard, help out and pitch in, working together to achieve goals and meeting the expectations we hold ourselves to and the expectations our customers have.
Camofire Holdings Inc is the official company name that owns and operates both websites.