Footwear Buyer in Park City for Frontrunners and Super Runners Shop
Posted by Surefoot on 12/21/2022
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Merchandising
Company Type: Retailer
City: Park City
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Do you love to run and ski and have a desire to be a part of the outdoor community? Then Surefoot in Park City, Utah has the job for you. We’re looking for an experienced Footwear Buyer. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the footwear category at 2 Frontrunners stores in LA, 5 Super Runners stores in NYC and 1 New Balance store in Pasadena. (7 Total doors) In addition, this position will be part of a team of 4 who update and monitor 2 e-commerce sites.
If you’re very driven and have 3 years minimum of buying experience, preferably but not limited to running shoes, this job is for you. A passion for running, fitness and the outdoors is an absolute plus. The ideal candidate must have an understanding of technical features, fashion and trends in various footwear categories. Ability to travel to NYC and LA for stores visits as well as occasional trade shows in Austin and other cities is required.
· Follow and execute vision set forth by Director of Retail and Merchandising Manager
· Create product assortments and inventory plans
· Prepare and write Future and At-Once orders
· Analyze consumer buying patterns and industry trends
· Review internal key metrics - such as sales, gross margin, markdowns and ROI
· Maintain relationships with suppliers and find new suppliers
· Attend trade shows, supplier sell-in’s and digital presentations
· Participate in marketing activities
· Provide training materials to sales teams
Desired Qualifications include:
· 3-5 years of relevant industry buying experience
· Ability to travel as needed, estimated 10 times/year
· Highly proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office
· Understanding of Retail Math and Inventory Metrics
· Demonstrate an understanding of Footwear market and trends
· Possess a high level of time management skills and organizational management
· Ability to consistently hit deadlines
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Collaborative team approach with excellent problem-solving ability
Surefoot, a custom ski boot retailer based in Park City, Utah with 26 stores worldwide also operates 2 Chains of Athletic RetailStores.
1) Frontrunners was founded in 1977 and has been providing Athletic and Lifestyle Footwear as well as Apparel and Accessories to the Southern California Community. A few of the Brands highlighted at Frontrunners are: ASICS, Brooks, On, Nike, New Balance, Vuori, Veja, Alo, Beyond Yoga and Patagonia.
2) Super Runners Shop is a chain of Specialty Run Retail Stores located in New York City. These 5 locations focus on providing the absolute best products along with world class customer service to create the best experience possible.