Multi-Service Lead Technical Representative
Posted by Shimano North America Holding, Inc. on 01/04/2023
Industry Sector: Bike, Outdoor
Job Categories: Customer Service, Events, Outdoor Education, Retail - Sales, Tech Rep
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Contract
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Multi-Service Lead Technical Representative
Shimano North America Holding, Inc. is a global company offering the world's sporting community top labels and brands, including Shimano, G. Loomis, Power Pro, and Lazer Sports.
We are seeking a Multi-Service Lead Technical Representative to join our Irvine, CA, team! At Shimano, we welcome your talent, innovation, and enthusiasm.
We offer an exceptional array of employee benefits and incentives and are proud to support our employees' health and happiness. We offer paid time off, medical, dental, vision, employer-matching 401k, wellness incentives, a fully equipped on-site gym, rideshare, and much more.
The Multi-Service Lead Technical Representative represents Shimano North America Bicycle, Inc. as a product and mechanic expert. This position primarily provides neutral technical support to race participants at events throughout the country. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to staffing consumer marketing booths, attending trade shows and sales meetings, assisting in teaching clinics, interacting with the media, and providing event, market, and product feedback to various offices.
This is a one-year contract position with the opportunity for full-time.
· Represent Shimano at various events in a professional manner.
· Repair bicycles in a safe manner at races and fun ride settings.
· Communicate current marketing messages to consumers at events.
· Identify and schedule cycling events throughout the country. Plan staff needs, product selection, budget, execute events and distribute event reports.
· Submit monthly operating budget and identify cost-saving opportunities.
· Assist with vehicle and bicycle fleet management, including but not limited to vehicle outfitting, bicycle overhauls, maintenance schedules, and event appointment.
· Work with the Multi-Service team to manage field marketing supplies and equipment, including disposal and replacement orders, without disrupting event attendance.
· Spread vital technical information to other mechanics from professional teams, bike schools, manufacturers, bike shops, other members of the cycling industry, and the rest of the Shimano North America Bicycle, Inc. team.
· Constantly keeping abreast of new technology.
· Transport the Multi-Service vehicles and equipment to/from the events according to set policies and regulations.
· Assist Lead Technicians with event execution.
· Meet Multi-Service requirements and policies as outlined by the supervisor.
· Understand and process new information.
· Understand the value of creating customer loyalty.
· Maintain stable performance and poise in high-stress situations.
· Set up and tear down vehicles and displays at events.
· Maintain vehicles and marketing displays.
· Stock and organize part inventories in the SMS vehicles.
· Maintain clean work areas.
· Assist other bike departments with their projects when available.
· Occasionally, assist in simple tasks at the office, such as organizing the warehouse.
· 4+ years of professional bike shop or team mechanic experience.
· Strong communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Proficient logistics skills
· Master-level knowledge of bicycle mechanics and ability to troubleshoot and repair bicycles.
· Time management and delegation skills.
· Ability to work unsupervised.
· Ability to demonstrate mechanical techniques to consumers and other members of the bike industry.
· Ability to drive long hours and work outside the office for weeks or months.
· Superior troubleshooting skills under extreme pressure.
· Ability to confidently represent Shimano in marketing booths and tech seminars.
- Minimum two (2) years of equipment or asset management a plus
- Bicycle event support experience a plus
- Cross-country large vehicle driving experience is a plus.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
· USA Cycling Mechanic's License
· Industry-leading brand mechanic certification(s)
· Driver's License with a clean record
· DOT medical card (must be able to pass physical health screening)
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Shimano North America Bicycle, Inc. reserves the right to modify and change responsibilities and duties herein without notice.
Shimano North America Bicycle Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.