Channel Marketing Manager
Posted by Buck Knives on 01/26/2023
Industry Sector: Fishing, Hunting/Shooting, Outdoor
Job Categories: Management - Product -Brand, Manufacturing, Marketing & Digital Marketing, Merchandising
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
City: Post Falls
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Contact Name: Tim keaty
Contact Phone: 2082620500 x148
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
As a key member of the Marketing Team this position will provide the strategic oversight and tactical execution of the company’s marketing plans and deliverables for all B2B trade channels.
This roll will help define Buck Knives’ presence with retail partners through high visibility communications that drive brand awareness, brand affinity, and market share growth. This role will focus heavily on creating and managing a consistent and cohesive brand experience through in-store merchandising, product packaging, and physical, written, verbal communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the channel marketing experience for Buck Knives working with the sales team to organize tasks, workload, and emphasize best in class brand presentation with key national dealers.
- Oversee development and execution of seasonal and annual advertising campaign plans with channel partners while facilitating the effective timing, positioning, and deployment to maximize launch and key product/brand communications.
- Develop and oversee visual merchandising plans, updates, campaigns, and implementation that unites with overarching brand, marketing position.
- Attend and oversee tradeshow administration, including visual display components and the sales, staffing, customer/consumer engagement, and product launch.
- Oversee the development of annual product catalog and broadly distributed brand communications and collateral.
- Oversee and maintain product packaging that is consistent with brand messaging and conforms to all legal, functional, aesthetic consumer goods standards.
- Manage all elements of public relations, including the development of a PR plan and cadence, oversight of qualified PR lists, relationships with external PR Firms, writing, editing, and deployment of regular and pertinent media.
- Organize and maintain ad schedule for various publications, journals, events, and broadcast media.
- Organize and maintain monthly, quarterly, and annual department budget and assist in annual budgeting execution.
- Develop, monitor, and communicate seasonal event calendar for the organization.
- Manage and maintain DAM (Digital Asset Management), the resources found within it, and the communication to ensure proper utilization.
- Act as primary contact and facilitator for Buck Knives onsite factory store, overseeing seasonal display updates, campaign alignment, promotional plans and collateral, and event promotion.
- Manage, write and/or create the design of all collateral - including catalogs, print/digital ads, trade show materials, sales flyers, packaging, presentations, logo merchandise and direct mail.
- Manage external vendors for print production, photography, trade shows, packaging and website programs.
- Oversee art direction, provide content and needed materials to deliver channel projects.
- Organize mass physical/digital mailings to ensure dealers, sales management, and reps receive all sales materials for new and existing products.
- Lead and manage production of all new packaging projects for size, spec, function, compliance, delivery, and aesthetic
- Maintain awareness of current packaging issues within Buck and apprised of Industry standards
- Ensure all packaging artwork is brand compliant and uniform
- Develop instructions, inserts, and branding communications for select products
- Write and coordinate the use “Certs” certificates of authentication and serialization
- Develop and maintain quarterly IP process and engage with external legal counsel
- Primary contact and facilitator for external PR Firm
- Develop and maintain relationships with writers, editors, reviewers
- Create and continually oversee the update of PR Contact list
- Write or edit press releases, ensure distribution to local, national, international media
- Develop and adhere to monthly PR plan to leverage specific products.
- Ensure sample products and info are sent out upon PR requests and according to plan and budget
- Work closely with digital commerce team to ensure that campaign and brand language are uniformly deployed and aligned.
- Work closely with digital commerce team to ensure that all graphic design, photography requests are met and copywriting/brand guidelines are adhered to.
- Work closely with the digital commerce team on semi-annual, annual plans, product launches, and key initiatives to ensure that Channel Marketing/Ecomm messaging is aligned under the Director of Marketing.
- Develop and determine product launch plans to ensure tradeshow maximization
- Assist in development of launch plans, timelines, deployment strategies, and oversee delivery of all channel related material.
- Fully coordinate and attend, industry shows, sales shows, media events.
- In conjunction with the Director of Marketing oversee the development, deployment, and adherence to brand guide, style guide, and clear brand voice/ethos.
- Ensure all members of the organization and external facilitators (reps) are briefed on the latest standards and applying them correctly in the market and with their accounts.
- Ensure all content, print media, packaging, visual merchandising, tradeshows, and channel communications are aligned and adhering to brand guide/brand voice.
- Must have an eye for trend, detail, and ability to articulate a point of view and opinion on quality of work, brand alignment, and delivery.
- This role will not have supervisory responsibility over direct team members.
- This role will engage with various marketing team members to maintain situational awareness of progress towards timely completion of tasks and alignment with the overall marketing mission.
- This may include graphic design, tradeshow coordination, sales material prep, branding, and beyond.
- This role will be responsible for assuring team members have clearly defined deliverable and timelines and confirm execution plans are on track to meet go-to market excellence. Daily report concerns and deviations of meeting deadlines to Director of marketing.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs and the ability to lead others through change.
- Strategic leader with strong Marketing, Communications, and creative traits. Strong analytical ability, good judgment and understanding of operational principals.
- Strategic planning and budgeting experience.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization.
- Must be highly proficient with computers, Microsoft programs, Axapta knowledge a plus.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or closely related business administration degree.
- 3 + years of experience in a marketing management within the consumer products/services industry.
- Experience and/or passion for the hunting, fishing, shooting, outdoor industry.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES and REGISTRATIONS
- Must have a graphic design portfolio or examples of your own design work – please include a link to your portfolio or an attachment of your work in the application. Applications without a portfolio or examples of work will not be considered.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suites applications, like Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Lightroom, and Bridge
- Must be a team player with a resourceful attitude that is eager to learn from the Graphic Designer and other marketing members, and have a willingness to ask questions when needed
- Must be detail-oriented – must be great at paying attention to detail and be willing to work on projects that contribute to overall marketing success
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to work independently on assigned work but also able to work well in a group setting, follows directions and can work independently on concepts/ideas from others
- Communication skills - Strong verbal and written communication – can talk about your process and the direction of your ideas and projects
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems promptly; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- A solid foundation of knowledge of layouts, typography, visual hierarchy, photography composition, color, and other graphic design fundamentals
- Must be able to take critique on projects/work gracefully and apply it
- Strong organizational abilities and a drive to succeed
- Reliable – Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this position
- Must be proficient with computers, Microsoft programs, and Adobe programs on a PC
- Photography, illustration, or video skills are a plus
- Passion for the outdoors and knives is a plus
- Familiarity with Buck Knives products is a plus
Possession of a valid driver’s license and/or able to provide own transportation in the conduct of work assignments. Willingness to travel 5-10 times per year for events, business meetings, and tradeshows, spanning nights, weekends, and occasionally holidays.
About Buck Knives
Buck Knives is recognized
world-wide as an innovative market leader, committed to integrity, developing
our people, products, and services to consistently surpass customers'
expectations for uncompromising quality. Our products are designed to create
pride of ownership and enhanced self-esteem for outdoor enthusiasts,
do-it-yourselfers, those who use knives/tools in their work, light duty users,