Frisco Events Lead
Posted by Town of Frisco on 01/26/2023
Industry Sector: Lifestyle
Job Categories: Events
Company Type: Recreation, TravelandTourism
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $24.85 - $30.51 Hourly
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Town of Frisco Events Lead: Year-Round, Full Time
$24.85 - $30.51 Hourly
Join the Town of Frisco’s marketing and communications department to provide planning, logistical and administrative support for Town events. In this position you will work closely with the events manager to:
· - Assist in planning and execution of Town special events.
· - Be responsible for logistical and administrative tasks associated with events, including but not limited to:
o Permitting with other agencies including Fire and Public Health
o Set-up, take-down, and troubleshooting of event infrastructure
o Waste removal during events and clean-up after events, including waste (trash, recycling and compost) removal and return of equipment used during event
o Pickup truck and trailer driving
· - Coordinate with vendors and non-profits on events.
· - Lead in hiring, scheduling, and supervising seasonal and variable special events staff.
· - Purchase supplies, processes payments and assists in tracking the department budget.
· - Coordinate the special event permitting process for all 3rd party events and communicates with affected Town departments, outside regulatory agencies, and any other affected businesses regarding special events.
· - Schedule special event permitting meetings, prepares meeting agendas and packets, facilitates the meetings and issues special event permits.
· - Prepare special event fact sheets for 3rd party special events and assists internally with special event fact sheets for Town events.
· - Attend meetings and staff trainings as required.
· - Perform administrative duties including: taking and distributing meeting minutes, writing contracts, maintaining calendars, updating the Town website, creation and implementation of documentation
· - Offers internal support to Town of Frisco recreation department in preparing for events, including working day-of as needed.
This position is hands-on, requires occasional long hours during certain events, and is approximately 40% in the office, 60% in the field.
· - Bachelor's Degree - preferred
· - Adobe Creative Suite, Word Press and Microsoft Office - required
· - Valid Colorado Driver's License - required
· - Two years of previous experience in events - required
· - One year of previous supervisory experience - required
· Verbal and written communication in English - required
To learn more about working for the Town of Frisco, see our benefits, and apply, please go to FriscoHiring.com. We will be accepting applications until the position is filled.
About Town of Frisco
Affectionately called “Main Street of the Rockies” for our charming downtown, Frisco clocks in at just under 2 square miles and the perfect springboard to all things outdoors, including skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, biking, sailing, and camping. Our multi-sport outdoor amenities include the Frisco Adventure Park, Nordic Center, and Marina on the shores of Dillon Reservoir.
The Town of Frisco has on average, 100 full time, year-round employees, with approximately 60 additional seasonal employees during the peak summer season. The Town of Frisco’s Leadership and Human Resources teams work to create a workplace of engaged and connected employees. We provide employees with wellness programs, competitive vacation leave policies, matching retirement savings, employee events and much more.