Midwest Territory Sales Representative
Posted by Don Coffey Company on 09/12/2023
Industry Sector: Fishing, Hunting/Shooting, Outdoor
Job Categories: Sales - Company Rep & Support
Company Type: RepAgency
State: IL, WI
Country: United States
Contact Name: Eric Hawkins
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Outside sales agency specializing in fishing, hunting and outdoor recreation sports is seeking a Midwest representative to service Southern Wisconsin and Illinois. Don Coffey Company has over a 50 year track record as a top sales agency in the outdoor industry. We represent premier brands in multiple product categories. We offer competitive salary and benefits with challenging and exciting opportunities for your professional growth. We cover all 50 states through 4 regional offices throughout the country. We service all channels of trade within the industry, independent dealers, distributors and national chains.
This role primarily services existing customer sales accounts and develops new sales opportunities in the territory for multiple premier brands. The customer base in this territory includes all channels of trade; independent accounts, distributors and national chains. Majority of travel will be with personal vehicle within the territory. Airline travel required 6 to 10 times per year. Total travel approximately 30%. Intermittent weekend work required.
- Develop strong relationships with customers by providing best in class customer service through product placement, inventory management and maximized profitability.
- Train retailers and store associates on technical aspects of products to provide them with the confidence and tools necessary to sell our brands over the competition.
- Analyze retail businesses to find opportunities for growth via new products, knowing your competition and winning market share by creating and developing plans to drive sales
- Frequent verbal and written communication with customers and manufacturers, including frequent onsite visits about orders, problem resolution, marketing to achieve sales objectives.
- Customer data and analytics reporting required regularly, including presentation preparation for sales meetings.
- Work closely with management to achieve strategic plan objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in fishing and/or hunting industry whether personal or professional with product knowledge.
- Highly motivated self-starter that is organized and able to work independently.
- Demonstrated success in sales highly preferred.
- Must be able to effectively present sales plans and results to management and customers.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Reporting and analytics experience.
Please submit resumes to:
About Don Coffey Company
sales agency specializing in fishing, hunting and outdoor recreation sports