|Job Title: ||Shipping/Receiving Specialist
|Industry Sector: ||Outdoor
|Job Categories: ||Warehouse
The Position: Shipping/Receiving Specialist
The Shipping and Receiving Specialist is a key member of our retail team. Our Outfitter's Store stocks many of the products our guests use to remember and enjoy their experiences in the Nantahala Gorge and beyond. In this position, you will receive incoming deliveries, accurately process incoming retail orders and process outgoing UPS shipments. The Shipping and Receiving Specialist reports directly to the Store Managers, and they are expected to provide daily feedback and direction to the Shipping and Receiving Clerk. Ideal candidates are expected to be highly organized and must have a strong attention to detail to ensure that retail orders are processed accurately and efficiently. The Shipping and Receiving Specialist is a full-time year round position that is eligible for benefits. Summer hours will typically be 32-40 hours per week, while shoulder and winter season hours can range from 20-40.
- Maintain all processes and records involved in shipping/receiving for the store.
- Maintain a clean, organized and efficient warehouse. Work with store management to determine most efficient warehouse layout in order for the shipping/receiving department to be operationally successful.
- Communicate inventory concerns to management on a regular basis.
- Be proactive in Loss Prevention by keeping the warehouse well organized and maintaining proper procedures. Work with store management to address Loss Prevention concerns.
- Communicate and resolve shipping discrepancies with outside vendors.
- Process incoming and outgoing transfers from our other retail locations.
- Process all incoming and outgoing shipments via UPS and FedEx.
- Coordinate larger deliveries and shipments with freight companies.
- Assist other NOC departments with their incoming and outgoing packages and needs.
- Drive a company vehicle between retail locations to transfer shipments and other items between locations.
- Perform duties of Sales Associate and assist in Outfitter's Store operations when necessary.
- Assist with end of season inventory, cycle counts and preparation.
- Train new Shipping and Receiving Clerks as needed.
- Previous experience with retail receiving preferred
- Strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Previous experience with UPS and FedEx mailing systems preferred
- Previous experience coordinating shipments with freight companies
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize our point of sale and inventory system through one-on-one training
- Strong familiarity with outdoor brands and products preferred
- Able to regularly lift packages from 1-50lbs and occasionally lift packages from 50-100lbs
- Valid drivers license and a clean driving record
- Able to climb up and down ladders regularly
- Standing for extended period of time
- Available to work a 40 hour work week, typically Monday-Friday, and some weekends, holidays and special events as needed
Job Location: Bryson City, NC
Country: United States
Position Type: Hourly
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: No
Required Experience Required: 1-3 years
Contact Name: Colleen B Hickey
Job Application Web Site: https://careers-nantahala.icims.com/jobs/1116/shipping-%26-receiving-specialist/job
Direct Phone: 8284887246