The Position: Apparel Prototype Developer
Do have garment construction experience? Are you motivated by solving problems and driving innovative solutions? At Bemis we see a world of endless possibility; we thrive on making the impossible, possible, and have fun as a team making it happen! For over 100 years Bemis has partnered with the world’s greatest brands to make their dreams a reality. Become part of a winning team that continuously strives to be the industry leader in innovation. Bemis Associates, a leading manufacturer of heat activated films, adhesives, water proofing seam tapes, and custom films for many industries including apparel, consumer electronics, and handbags is seeking an energetic and hands-on individual to join our Footwear & Apparel Team in the position of Apparel Prototype Developer.
Reporting to the Brand Sales Director in Portland, OR, the Apparel Prototype Developer, will provide hands on support as it pertains to the creation and troubleshooting in support of key apparel accounts. This position will also support customers through on site presentations, & field service - creating and conducting appropriate testing on lab samples, operating lab equipment, and providing accurate and timely reporting of test results.
How you can contribute:
Provide Applications Support to Nike Brand:
· Define project timelines for incoming Nike applications work
· Be the primary applications resource in assembly techniques, processes and prototyping to showcase Bemis product and performance.
· Proficiency in operating all required application machinery.
· Understand intended design and assist in identifying suitable materials (fabrics, components and adhesives) to execute Nike bonded designs.
· Identify problems with bonded applications - troubleshoot, and respond with recommended solutions for Nike
· Lead the technical application training at Open houses and Tradeshows, including managing prep and follow-up on customer mockups.
· Make prototypes incorporating any custom developed materials throughout the season as requested by Nike.
· Record all applications work in CRM – attach to opportunities as appropriate
Work to Continuously improve processes that contribute to an effective, innovative, and collaborative PDX Applications Team:
· Provide input, offer innovative ideas, and troubleshooting for garment assembly supporting internal and external customers.
· With the Applications lead, create & manage SOP’s and technical specifications for bonded applications.
· Assist with the development of Applications processes, timelines, SOP’s, needed to develop Tech Paks for our custom collection contents (DLC) in conjunction w/ the Applications Lead & Designer.
· Train internal and external customers on application techniques and use of machinery.
· Manage inventory of all Bemis Materials, Fabrics, Trims stocked in DesignLab PDX – develop a quick reference system to catalog what is currently available to work with
· Insure all supporting tech data is on hand for distribution as needed
· Manage the distribution of all sample materials as requested by internal & external customers
· Organize the maintenance of the DesignLab Machinery – work w/ all resources needed to install and receive training on any new machinery added to the DesignLab.
· Work with the Applications Lead to orchestrate training for other DesignLab team members, Bemis colleagues & customers as required.
· Request backup Applications support from the Applications Lead as workload requires.
· Enter all project work is entered in CRM as tech service requests & attached to Opportunity Pipeline
· Manage all capital expenditure needs for DesignLab PDX – from budget, procurement, through delivery and set up & service of new machines – partnering w/ the Applications Developer on delivery prep, set up & training.
Support Seasonal DesignLab Collections:
· Contribute to ideation and creation of applications for the Nike seasonal DesignLab Collections 2x yearly
· Lead all applications creation work required for seasonal DesignLab collections from Design - Production – working the plan set forth by the Applications Services Lead
· Complete additional projects as assigned as required seasonally.
What you need:
· Education in patterning, design, development, product creation preferred
· CRM system experience
· Product Management system experience
· Pattern making software experience
· Adobe Illustrator experience
· Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
· 5+ years of Apparel related experience required
· Product development experience preferred
· Familiarity with Textile or Materials Science
· Up to 5% domestic or international travel
At Bemis, our success is driven by our innovative, hardworking, and passionate employees. We enjoy working within a casual, dynamic, and team oriented environment.
Be part of a global team! You will have the opportunity to experience our exceptional compensation and benefits packages. Bemis Associates is a global company heavily focused on long term goals, teamwork, reinvesting in the business, ecofriendly products, and social responsibility.
If you are interested in joining the Bemis team, please visit our career center at www.bemisworldwide.com/careers to apply
Job Location: Beaverton, OR
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: No
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 3-5 years