The Position: Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing will report to the president and be responsible for executing the marketing strategy, including positioning and promotion of Yeti Cycles products globally, across all channels. This role is responsible for cultivating the soul of the brand and requires a nuanced understanding of branding and design.
Our ideal candidate will be a passionate and competent mountain biker with a proven ability to manage a high-end, innovation driven brand and work in a competitive team environment.
Marketing / Brand
· Work with our marketing team and senior management to develop strategic global marketing plan.
· Manage tactical execution of marketing plan for all channels (Dealer, Distributor and DTC).
· Grow the Yeti Tribe and deliver a world-class customer experience.
· In collaboration with creative team, ensure Yeti brand position is accurately reflected in all printed materials, including workbooks, sales sheets, trade show materials, catalogs and advertisements.
· In collaboration with the digital marketing team, provide strategic direction/feedback for direct marketing and social campaigns.
· Be key contact for all outside marketing partners, including creative agencies, team sponsors, and other vendors.
· Represent Yeti at industry and consumer facing events.
· Push the Yeti brand forward.
· Create and manage our marketing calendar. Be responsible for hitting all key dates and milestones.
· Budgeting. Work with the marketing team and accounting to create and manage our annual budget, providing quarterly updates to the senior management team.
· Manage our diverse and talented marketing team.
· Have regular interaction with senior management to hit key sales and marketing goals.
· Bachelor’s Degree Required, MBA preferred
· 5-7 years of experience in a senior marketing position.
· Demonstrated experience developing strategic market plans.
· Demonstrated experience leading marketing teams and processes.
· Proven ability to negotiate and manage athlete / ambassador relationships.
· Digital marketing experience and social media expertise. Ideally, direct experience with salesforce.com and MarketingCloud.
· Ability to manage agency/vendor partners including negotiating and managing fees and directing brand campaigns.
· Proven communications skills – written, oral and live in front of an audience.
· Knowledge of high-end bike industry and/or outdoor industry.
· Proficient with MS Office – Word, Excel, Keynote/PowerPoint. Bonus to be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
· Knowledge of promotional processes and techniques.
· Hands on cycling technical abilities preferred.
· Domestic and International travel – 25%.
Yeti Cycles is a ride-driven company. Everything we do revolves around making the best bikes available. The work environment is relaxed but high-functioning. Dogs wander the halls, bikes clutter the hallways and we always have good coffee in the morning and hoppy beers in the evening. We’re located near five major trailheads and shut it down from 11:30am-1pm every day to ride.
We offer a competitive compensation package, medical/dental insurance, matching 401k, life insurance, and disability insurance.
Job Location: GOLDEN, CO
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 5-7 years