|Job Title: ||Divisional Merchandise Manager
|Industry Sector: ||Action, Bike, Other, Outdoor, Snow
|Job Categories: ||Merchandising
| Contact Information
Address: 3500 Stone Way North
Seattle, WA 98103
Company Phone: 866.386.1590
Web Site: https://www.evo.com/
The Position: Divisional Merchandise Manager
evo Vision: Make Lives Better
evo strives to make lives better by crafting elevated customer and employee experiences, fostering human connection and igniting passions, while leveraging our success to give back.
evo is a leading multi-channel retail brand that stands at the intersection of community, commerce, action sports and the outdoor lifestyle. This position is exemplified by a distinctly curated product assortment and a creative approach to crafting highly differentiated customer experiences. We define success differently than most. Balancing our goals of (1) building an iconic brand and business (2) creating an extraordinary place and path for our employees and (3) leveraging our success to give back by helping to empower underprivileged children is paramount to evos success. We have a passion for community, sports and lifestyle, and a collective hunger when it comes to building a great company together.
- Develop, foster and strengthen relationships with key vendors at the Sales Manager and/or VP level
- Support development and oversee the execution of seasonal strategies by department that meet or exceed the division and business financial goals.
- Incorporate private label product into departmental strategy and drive department goals within evos overall private label strategy.
- Oversee and/or manage the communication of merchandising opportunities and key strategic brand/departmental initiatives to key stakeholders throughout the business
- Work closely with Planning and Finance teams to ensure major purchase initiatives align with overall goals with inventory flow and financials
- Analyze, interpret and thoroughly understand competitive landscape; proactively seek out market knowledge through exposure to competitive retailers.
Influence others to achieve departmental goals.
- Effectively communicate with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Visual Merchandising, Finance, Merchandising, IT, Planning, eCommerce, Store(s) and Distribution) to ensure they understand departmental goals and clear pathway(s) to achieving them.
- Creatively and effectively ideate, communicate and negotiate unique growth opportunities with Sales Managers and vendor executives to maximize turn, margin, sales and profitability while evaluating, identifying and effectively mitigating risks.
Continually work with team of buyers and Divisional Merchandise Manager counterpart(s) to maximize growth in the omni-channel space; taking into account market trends, competition, evos brand positioning and targeted customer.
- Work closely with Planning Manager to ensure alignment and consistency to meet the needs of all teams throughout all divisions.
- Identify new growth opportunities not only from a brand perspective but also within new categories that may or may not live in our current assortment.
- Partner and strategize with Marketing,
- Creative and all other cross-functional teams to ensure a compelling site and customer experience that supports the overall business objectives and meets customer expectations while conveying appropriate merchandise strategies.
- Represent evo at external events: trade shows, vendor off sites and meetings, on hill events, etc
- Oversee the completion of all preseason, in-season and past-season orders for categories of responsibility while adhering to department/brand OTBs provided by planning.
- Hold team accountable to vendor deadlines to maximize discounts and payment terms.
Review open-to-buy for brand/department/class in conjunction with planner(s) to finalize future seasons plans and regularly monitor and adjustment seasonal, monthly and weekly forecasts.
- Ensure team is meeting all deadlines for pricing or promotional events.
Collaborate with the Photo Manager to ensure all product images are styled and executed appropriately and are aspirational to the evo customer.
Insure buyers are working to develop and implement markdown and sell through programs with new and existing vendors
- Work with Director of Merchandising to ensure budgets are adequate for the following fiscal year based on new opportunities for vendor trips, trade shows
Act as liaison between Merchandising tea
- Guide and lead team(s) to identify both in-season and preseason business opportunities and risks.
- Provide appropriate and timely direction to all business partners to react quickly to customer and business trends.
- Hire, train and manage Buyers. Provide and foster regular growth opportunities to develop and refine their skillsets.
- Meet regularly to review to dos and help prioritize existing and future workloads.
Provide formal critical feedback weekly/quarterly for direct reports as part of companywide review process and comprehensive annual reviews at end of fiscal calendar.
Facilitate cooperation and focus on key strategic priorities and financial goals throughout the merchandising team
- Maximize cross-divisional and cross-departmental growth and partnership opportunities
- Work with Director of Merchandising to ensure information is flowing adequately from management meetings (12TC, MAQB)
Skills and Job Requirements:
- Minimum 5-10 years of retail or merchandising operations experience, preferably in the action sports category for a branded specialty lifestyle multi-channel retailer.
- Minimum 5-10 years of management experience
Degree in Fashion Merchandising or business-related field preferred
- Thorough understanding, experience with and/or knowledge of best-in-class inventory management practices.
Keen attention to detail and ability to administer high volumes of data and information in a timely and highly accurate manner.
Proven strong analytical and effective negotiation skills
Experience in multi-channel retail with thorough understanding of web-centric performance metrics and analytics.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
Demonstrated ability and effectiveness at building trusting open, working relationships with multiple stakeholders throughout an organization while managing the needs of the business.
Ability to effectively meet deadlines and deliver accurate and professional work.
Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities.
- Ability to work well under pressure and while multi-tasking.
Ability to maintain focus and organization in a fast paced and dynamic office environment
- A vission for and participation in the sports we promote is preferred, but not necessary.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Must be comfortable with technology in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in leading, developing, coaching and supervising employees in a manner that inspires and builds their technical, buying, and overall business skills.
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills, be the authority/voice for all categories within the division
Flexibility around travel
Job Location: SEATTLE, WA
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 5-7 years
Job Application Web Site: https://www.evo.com/about/work-at-evo