The Position: Full Stack Web Developer
Writes code to maintain and improve SmartEtailing’s software applications. Other duties include involvement in the entire development lifecycle including creating formal design specifications, providing input on IT solutions, troubleshooting application issues, documenting specifications.
This position reports to the Development Department Manager.
▪ Error Rate – Code falls within acceptable guidelines for error rates
▪ Adherence to Standards & Best Practices
▪ Maintain Application Security based on OWASP best practices
▪ Develop projects that are compatible with all major browsers
▪ Write code that is highly maintainable, scalable, and reusable in other areas of the application
▪ Participate in code reviews for other developers on the team
▪ Seeks input from senior team members when stuck or making important decisions
▪ Documents clearly and appropriately (e.g. code comments, task resolution, scheduler)
▪ Meets deadlines or identifies/communicates obstacles in advance
▪ Ensure creation of JIRA tickets before working on improvements, bugs or approved enhancements.
▪ Follow Agile/Scrum development methodologies
▪ 2+ Years of using, writing and optimizing SQL statements, Stored Procedures, Functions (T-SQL, NoSQL)
▪ Experience with Node.js, Vue.js or React.js a plus
▪ Experience with API, RESTful Web Services a plus
▪ Experience working in a Saas environment a huge plus
▪ Thorough understanding of the SDLC
▪ Experience working in JIRA
▪ Strong written and verbal communication skills
▪ Bachelor's degree or boot camp experience
▪ Self motivated, quick and intuitive learner
▪ Ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
▪ Work at computer for extended periods of time, some weekend work possible if there is a hard deadline.
▪ Adaptability - must be committed to solving business problems and facilitating communication in a dynamic business environment.
▪ Goal Oriented - be able to see the big picture and the necessary tasks to achieve a milestone. Drive to get things done.
▪ Innovative - always be looking for new approaches to solving the business problem and improvements to the business processes in which the problem exists.
▪ Leadership - be a leader in continuous improvement, communication and facilitation.
▪ Empathy - be able to work with multiple types of customers and personalities and manage positive outcomes in dynamic business environment.
▪ Business Orientation - must be technically adept and business oriented, always thinking about how to achieve the business goals.
▪ Anticipation and a drive to get things done - Must be able to think two steps ahead at all times while at the same time hitting the milestones that keep projects moving.
Job Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Required Experience Required: 1-3 years
Job Application Web Site: https://www.smartetailing.com/careers