The Position: Assistant Manager, Supervisor
Live, Learn, Work and Play
We are currently hiring:
Our core values of People Product Planet represent our commitment to innovation, quality, authenticity, continuous improvement, community and sustainability. We offer a competitive total compensation, health and wellness package and a down-to-earth, collaborative and engaging work environment.
Embark on your next adventure at Marmot® and ExOfficio®!
As an Assistant Store Manager, your Marmot store will be an important part of the local community. You will help your Manager and associates make connections with the customers they see every day. You will have the responsibility of assisting the Manager in operating the store to its peak performance levels. You will help lead your store operations, staffing, customer satisfaction, product placement, financial performance and team development. Best of all, you will help your team of create a welcoming environment.
Leadership Support - Assist the Manager in setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
· Demonstrates a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events and manages smooth transitions thereafter to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the store team.
· Displays a "customer comes first" attitude by training and holding associates accountable for delivering great customer service.
· Help the Manager in driving the implementation of company programs by developing action plans and motivating and instructing the store team to implement them to meet operational and organizational objectives.
· Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Marmot.
· Assist the Manager in Planning. Identifies, communicates, and delegates appropriate responsibilities and practices to store associates to ensure smooth flow of operations.
· Provides coaching and direction to the store team to take action and to achieve operational goals. Constantly reviews store environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement to provide coaching and direction to the store team to achieve operational goals.
Assist in Planning and Execution - Work with the Manager in developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
· Monitors store staffing levels to ensure associate development and talent acquisition to achieve and maintain store operational requirements.
· Utilizes existing tools to identify and prioritize communications and regularly uses discretion to filter communications to the store team. Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective store operations.
Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
· Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws for nonexempt associates and minors.
· Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the local community.
· Uses all operational tools to plan for and achieve operational excellence in the store. Tools include Monthly Status Report, Quarterly Review, expense management and inventory management.
· Uses discretion in accessing external resources to support store operations and to execute district and regional initiatives. Resources include Marketing, Inventory, Sales and Operational support.
· Utilizes management information tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in store performance.
Associate Development & Team Building - Providing Associates with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
· Actively manages store associates by regularly conducting performance assessments, providing feedback, and setting challenging goals to improve partner performance. Manages ongoing associate performance using performance management.
· Progressively responsible retail experience (3 years)
· Supervision (1 year)
· Experience analyzing financial reports
Please note, all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment background check report and Denver International Airport badge requirements.
When applying to this position, please be sure to use one of the following browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Firefox.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We participate in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
COMPANY: Marmot Mountain, LLC
Job Location: Aspen, CO
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: 25 miles
Required to Relocate:
Willing to Travel: No
Required Experience Required: 1-3 years