The ideal Technical Sales Representative should have a work-at-height and/or rope rescue background with sales experience being an equally important asset, be self-motivated, and have a positive and helpful attitude. This is an external position that is 100% commission based, and that requires much time spent on the road visiting dealers and end-users of our products and solutions. The work includes providing product knowledge, demonstrations and consultative selling. It will also involve assisting the Petzl America sales team in expanding the distribution network while pursuing new markets and opportunities. This position requires an individual with a flexible schedule, prepared to put in the work hours and travel time necessary to achieve the Northeast territory sales potential.
· Sales: Meet or exceed seasonal and annual sales goals.
· Customer Service: Develop and understand individual accounts / provide exemplary customer service and respond to customer needs in a timely manner.
· Territory Management: Prioritize and manage opportunities and travel. Work with existing accounts while seeking, identifying, and servicing new business opportunities for Petzl products and solutions.
· Teamwork: Develop and successfully leverage internal relationships with the Petzl America sales, marketing and distribution teams. This includes attending national and regional trade shows on Petzl America’s behalf.
· Account Management: Work proactively with accounts to ensure compliance with Petzl dealer agreements and to maximize the effectiveness of Petzl marketing programs. Work with the Petzl team to investigate, qualify, and set up new accounts.
· Experience and knowledge in professional fall protection, rope access and rescue markets, including a minimum of one area of specialization that corresponds with Petzl’s primary Professional Division markets (industrial rescue, fire rescue, rope access and work-at-height, industrial safety and fall protection, tree care, tactical rope access)
· Substantial business experience and insights relating to Petzl Professional Division target markets, competition, dealer networks, training organizations and end users
· Certified under MRA, USAR, SPRAT, IRATA or similar standards strongly preferred
· Experience in independent technical and sales representation
· Professional-level communication, interpersonal, and sales presentation skills
· Proven track record of sales territory management, strong business acumen, tech savvy with CRM tools
· Familiar with NFPA, ANSI, ASTM and/or CSA equipment performance standards
· The Technical Sales Representative must live in the territory and must be willing and able to travel at least 10 to 14 days per month servicing existing accounts and prospecting new opportunities and attending trade shows.