Product Line Description:
Field Sales Representative (G-02-18)
The primary responsibility is to develop and maintain sales to a range of book customers in Colorado, New Mexico, Southern Wyoming and Northwestern Montana, working with them in person, over the telephone, through email and by mailing samples and marketing materials. The Sales Representative is expected to achieve sales targets for the territory, forecast sales by title and submit a monthly report on activity in the territory. Accounts will include independent bookstores, gift shops, outdoor retailers, nature centers, National Park Associations, specialty wholesalers as well as some organizations and other businesses. There is an existing foundation of customers from which to start, and the goal will be to build revenue with this base, as well as open new accounts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Sell and promote NBN titles on a seasonal basis to key customers.
- Assume responsibility for selling to and developing business with an established group of diverse customers.
- Target niche accounts by product category e.g. Falcon Guides to outdoor retailers or cookbooks to gourmet stores.
- Maintain, update and expand the prospect and customer sales database.
- Develop targeted email campaigns to accounts.
Provide detailed sales reports to sales management.
- Act as a regional ambassador for NBN publishers and authors, and as an extension of publicity and marketing branches.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and phone etiquette.
PC literacy proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Persuasive and sales driven, outgoing personality.
Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with geographic region, and retail landscape.
- Knowledge of book publishing business and practices.
About Our Company:
Rowman & Littlefield is an independent publisher with an outstanding reputation. Rowman & Littlefield publishes innovative, high-quality college texts, provocative and timely titles for general readers, and professional and scholarly books throughout the humanities and social sciences. Headquartered in Maryland, R&L also has offices in Guilford, CT, New York City, Colorado, Massachusetts, and London.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter (including the ad number, salary requirement, and where you learned of the opening) to Boone Soukthideth via email using the contact information below:
Rowman & Littlefield
c/o Human Resources
Rowman & Littlefield
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Please refer to www.rowman.com/Page/HR for Rowman & Littlefield's Equal Employment Opportunity Affirmative Action Policy Statement, as well as additional information relating to equal opportunity employment.
If you are a candidate with a disability in need of an accommodation in the application process, please contact Rowman & Littlefield's human resources department at email@example.com.