The Position: Technical Designer
Hadley Development, LLC, a product design and sourcing company, specializes in outdoor sporting and hunting goods in both hard lines and soft goods. This dynamic company has an immediate opening for an organized, detail oriented, and positive team player to join our Product Development department as our Technical Designer (Entry Level) at our corporate office in Wichita, KS. Employees are needed that share our passion for the outdoors and drive for success. Hadley works with many of today’s leading brands and retailers and offers a unique career for motivated, hard-working individuals who love the great outdoors.
Our next Technical Designer (Entry Level) will need to possess excellent team skills, and basic garment fit and construction knowledge. The person who fills this position will be responsible for supporting the entire Product Development Department and Design Team. They will also need to have a passion for the work they do, and a strong desire to learn and grow. Our employees work in a fun, casual, laid back atmosphere. If you have a basic amount of Technical Design experience then this is your opportunity to be a part of something great! We want to hear from you if you possess the following skills, abilities, and qualifications:
Ideal Candidate will:
· Be passionate about the outdoors and outdoor lifestyle
· Find excitement in supporting design, development, production of high-performance hunting, fishing, outdoor gear, and apparel
· Recognize the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships
· Assist senior team members in auditing sample garments and executing tech packets.
· Accurately measure proto samples, sales samples, size sets and keep accurate records.
· Provide inspection activity reports for product throughout the development cycle.
· Develop knowledge of fit intent, balance and construction.
· Initiate open communication within the team and receive constructive feedback in a professional manner.
· Participate in team and cross functional team meetings.
· Assist in preparing sample lines for sales team
· 0-2 years Technical Design experience
· Strong ability to work effectively both on a team and independently
· Excellent organization, and problem-solving skills
· Ability to adapt and embrace change
· Demonstrate initiative
· Basic computer skills
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Ability to manage multiple projects and time lines within a fast-paced, changing environment
· College degree desired; emphasis in fashion design, textiles, or product development preferred.
· Sewing experience, a plus
· Patterning making experience a plus
Hadley Development not only offers competitive pay, but we also pride ourselves on a well-rounded, generous benefits package with Paid Time Off in addition to other perks. Additionally, the Company firmly believes in the importance of maintaining a proper work-life balance.
If this sounds like a position you genuinely want to fill, send us your resume and cover letter telling us about yourself and why you would like to work with us. Out of state candidates are welcome to apply, as long as you are willing to relocate to our wonderful city: Wichita, Kansas
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Job Location: Wichita, KS
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 0-1 years