Posted by Sun Valley Resort on 05/11/2022
Industry Sector: Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Hospitality & Lodge Staff
Company Type: Recreation, Retailer, Service, TravelandTourism
City: Sun Valley
Country: United States
Required Experience: 0 - 1 year
Job Type: Seasonal Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Be the first impression of Sun Valley at the front doors of the hotels or at the airport. We are looking for that energetic, outgoing personality who will make that connection with our guests. Make great tips and lasting relationships. We are looking for seasonal employees as well as year round. There is potential for growth to Bell Captain or other supervisory positions within the Lodging department. Bell Service typically assists guests with unloading their vehicle, escorting them to their rooms, provide a brief orientation to accommodations, transport luggage to rooms, and attend to any immediate needs. Also spend some time with the guests giving them rides to town or to and from the airport. This is both a fun and fast paced position in that it is dynamic and service oriented.
Bell Service Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Maintain the appearance of lobby areas, courtyard and entrances to present a clean and attractive facility to customers.
- Comply with the hotel conduct policy.
- Be well groomed and in uniform with name tag at all times.
- Provide assistance to other employees and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and hotel.
- Upon arrival, greet and assist guests by helping unload luggage from vehicle and transporting it to their room, personally carrying the luggage or using a luggage cart.
- Upon departure, assist guests by transporting luggage from room to lobby and helping them load luggage into vehicle.
- Respond to guest needs by promptly delivering laundry, newspapers, iron & ironing board, additional linens, etc. Maintain written log, recording these requests and deliveries.
- Respond to inquiries and promote the hotel's services, in person and on telephone, by explaining products/services.
- Provide the guest with up-to-date hotel information in order to enhance customer relations.
- Keep abreast of local activities and the area’s establishments in order to answer questions and give recommendations or directions.
Bell Service Qualifications:
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required walk, use hands, feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear.
- Must be able to move objects up to approximately 75 pounds about the workplace safely.
- Must have a current driver's license.
Seasonal Benefits: Seasonal benefits change with each season. Please see HR for list of the most up to date benefits.
***Complimentary Lift Pass***
- Mountain Biking
- Ice Rinks
- Bowling Alley
- Driving Range
- Putting Green
- Retail Shops
- Rental Equipment
- Trail Rides
- Gun Club
For a full list of openings please visit:
About Sun Valley Resort
#1 Ski Resort In The West 21/22 Founded in 1936, Sun Valley Resort is America’s oldest year-round destination resort. With two ski mountains, three golf courses (45 holes), two hotels (over 500 guest rooms), a Convention Center and fourteen restaurants, an outdoor ice skating rink, movie theater, bowling alley, and virtual golf, Sun Valley truly has something for everyone regardless of the season.
Sun Valley is nestled in the Wood River Valley which is located in the mountainous heart of central Idaho. It is a 26 mile long valley with access to 5 different mountain ranges. With 4 towns located throughout the valley and approximately 12,000 year round residents you get the serenity of the mountains without feeling isolated.