Technician Quality Assurance Testing
Posted by Academy Sports + Outdoors on 11/10/2022
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Product Analyst
Company Type: Retailer, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
- Associates Degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience preferred
- 3+ years of related work experience required
- Experience with executing product testing during product development and pre-production, preferably in a 3rd party testing company
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal communication, presentation, and decision-making skills, with the ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels.
- Demonstrates analytical, organizational, problem solving, and creative resolution skills.
- Experience with Federal Agencies, Regulations, and industry standards, including but not limited to, FTC, CPSC/CPSIA, CFR’s, AATCC, ASTM, SATRA, etc.
- Ability to pay strict attention to detail and responsible to meet multiple critical deadlines within a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload in a frequently changing dynamic.
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet and exceed position requirements under minimal direction and supervision, work independently and within a team setting.
- Responds positively to change, embracing and using new practices or values to accomplish goals and solve problems.
- Proficient in executing tests, procedures, data collection and interpretation of results.
- Maintain the customer’s perspective and company initiatives as a driving force behind business decisions.
- Knowledge of statistics, mathematics, and critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite and e-mail software
- Build strength in the private brand assortment by executing quality assurance testing functions that drive sales and increase margin.
- Works directly with Product Development, Sourcing, and Suppliers to reach final agreement on value focused testing to meet or exceed quality standards within seasonal time and action calendars to support on-time delivery.
- Responsible for coordinating and conducting product performance testing following industry and approved internal testing methods and to ensure it is completed within established timelines.
- Create, maintain, and deliver quality training material for suppliers and internal personnel.
- Participates in writing Product Performance Standards, Specifications and Protocols for current and new private brand products.
- Collaborates with Sourcing and Product Development on overall Supplier performance.
- Effectively analyzes and communicates product performance test data and results to Product Development, Buyers, Sourcing, and Suppliers.
- Leads laboratory tours for visitors, store managers, and new associates.
- Performs testing of designated national brand merchandise to facilitate competitive analysis of private brand merchandise.
- Elevate private brand by ensuring product test reports are reviewed and dispositioned for Product Performance and Regulatory Test results, via internal systems.
- Manage approval/rejection decisions for private brand and national brand imports including garment/footwear/hardlines construction, artwork design, packaging & labeling, testing, etc.
- Has frequent e-mail and verbal communication with Suppliers, Product Development, Sourcing, on quality procedural and technical activities.
- Maintains testing records, reports, files, standards, and equipment records complying with corporate record retention policy.
- Participates in seminars and educational training to support QA initiatives.
- Ensures laboratory and equipment is maintained and kept in testing standard condition.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Academy policies, procedures, and safety rules.
- Duties may change and team members may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements & Attendance:
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior
- Limited travel may be required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law.