Director of Media & Advertising
Posted by Ruger Firearms on 12/06/2022
Industry Sector: Hunting/Shooting
Job Categories: Marketing & Digital Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media - Digital Marketing
Company Type: DoesnotApply
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Base Salary Range: $80,000 - $120,000
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Director of Media & Advertising
Ruger is seeking a Director of Media & Advertising to lead the development and execution of annual marketing plans which address all aspects of media relationships, corporate partnerships, media buying, ad concepting and coordination, new media opportunities, social media coordination and monitoring, and talent management. Inherent in this responsibility is working closely with all internal and external functions to translate long-term strategy into highly effective annual marketing and sales strategies and tactics. The Director of Media & Advertising will report to the Vice President of Marketing.
· Strong managerial skills and ability to lead a team
· Exceptional project management skills
· Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams within the organization, especially the sales, product management and legal departments
· Strong interpersonal skills when interacting not only internally with colleagues, but also externally with industry / media partners and external vendors
· Proven track record of developing integrated marketing communications plans
· Exceptional communication skills, especially written
· Wide breadth of traditional marketing skills, with the ability to move between strategic planning and ideation, as well as hands-on implementation
· Ability to recognize new marketing trends that are innovative and create new strategies that attract customers, helping us to succeed over the competition
· Experience with managing corporate social media strategies
· Firearms industry experience required
· Corporate marketing and/or agency experience required
· Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in marketing, communications or business administration preferred
Duties and Responsibilities
· Media Buying / Ad Coordination - Own and provide recommendation for allocation of annual multimedia advertising budget. Negotiate competitive advertising rates and media programs while maximizing ROI. Collaborate with media groups to develop custom promotional plans and explore new opportunities for driving sales growth and brand visibility. Coordinate multimedia advertising placement and tracking across all platforms.
· Ad Concepting and Coordination - Collaborate with sales and marketing departments to create ad placement schedule based on strategic planning and market opportunities. Work with Creative Director and legal department to conceptualize and develop new media and advertisements. Coordinate the insertion, tracking and success of placements.
· Social Media Posting and Monitoring - Develop content strategy, oversee posting schedule, monitor social media performance across all platforms and provide reporting with a focus on engagement and reach.
· Talent Management - Oversee official Shooting Team, Brand Ambassador and Social Media Influencer programs. Help write strategic contracts for and manage relationships with team of external talent. Collaborate with this team to develop content strategies cohesive with the brand. Discover new talent to partner with that embody brand values, align with the Company and showcase this talent through owned marketing channels.
· Media Relations / Corporate Partnerships – Oversee functions of the Public Relations Manager including leveraging media relationships with industry publishers, editors and writers for the Company. Manage strategic partnerships with industry training organizations and trade associations.
About Ruger Firearms
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. is one of the nation's leading manufacturers of rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. With products made in America, Ruger offers consumers almost 800 variations of more than 40 product lines, across both the Ruger and Marlin brands. For almost 75 years, Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. has been a model of corporate and community responsibility. Our motto, "Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens®," echoes our commitment to these principles as we work hard to deliver quality and innovative firearms.