Sales Lead / Sales Associate /Service Lead / Assembler
Posted by Colonial Bicycle Company on 01/10/2023
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Retail - Bike Mechanic - Ski Technician, Retail - Management- Staff, Retail - Sales
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Retailer, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: commensurate with experience
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
What you’ll do Sales Associate
What you’ll do
As a Sales Associate, you’ll be on the frontlines helping people have fun by riding bikes. You’ll get to learn about some of the smartest products in the cycling industry, make thoughtful recommendations to your customers, and carry on meaningful relationships with riders in your community.
The pace is fast, the customers are curious, and having an all-for-one, customer-centric team mentality is huge. We value hospitality skills first, and we’d rather hire someone who’s eager to learn than someone who thinks they know it all. If you’re already a bike expert, that’s awesome. If not, we’ll train you. The key is that you know how to treat customers, evaluate their needs, and exceed their expectations.
What you’ll bring to the team
• A positive, pitch-right-in attitude and motivation to help every customer find what they need
• Fantastic hospitality—a warm, approachable manner, great listening skills, and a drive to help in any way you can—even on the toughest, busiest days
• Great communication with customers and teammates
• A desire to cultivate customer relationships and create your own client base
• A commitment to deliver the best possible cycling experience for each customer
What you’ll do
As Sales Lead, you’ll lead the charge for the shop’s daily sales activities on everything from fulfilling e-commerce orders to merchandising. You’ll set the standard for how the shop is remembered by your customers, and you’ll set an example for other employees by creating an amazing cycling experience for everyone who walks through your doors.
This position requires a contagious enthusiasm and the know-how to translate it into sales. The ultimate goal? Build a community of dedicated clients who know you’re the shop they can trust for awesome service.
• Actively lead all store sales activities including customer engagement, Daily Task List completion, and sales monitoring.
• Monitor and fulfill all e-Comm sales relating to your store's inventory, including order & shipment notifications, packing and shipping, and returns and exchanges.
• Organize and participate in all sales employees training through targeted role plays, secret shop results, observing customer interactions, and more.
• Ensure all sales employees complete and implement learnings from Trek University courses, and any other useful educational tools.
• Maintain all aspects of store merchandising according to Visual Merchandising Directive, including product placement, price auditing, and product re-stocking.
• Work with the General Manager to research new products to carry in stores.
The service lead is responsible for running all operational aspects of the Service area. The service lead is responsible for ensuring the customers’ bikes are being repaired in a safe and efficient manner. This is accomplished by the timely and effective execution of all the variables related to checking in bikes, repairing, and providing a unique and positive repair experience built upon quality products, repair work and excellent customer service.
The following are the performance objectives for this position. In assessing competency and fit, all candidates will be benchmarked against these standards.
• Ensure High-Quality Customer Service: Monitor the quality of customer service through observation of the service department. Holds service team accountable for delivering high quality customer service. Review customer repair requests, ensure communication with customers. Willingness to greet and work with all store customers within the service center and on the sales floor.
• Oversee Daily Service Operations: Actively engage with customers to diagnose and recommend bicycle repairs. Take an active lead to ensure all work orders are complete and checked in appropriately. Additionally, work with service team to ensure work orders ready for pick-up have been communicated with the customer.
• Develop Service Employees: Organize, implement and validate mechanic training through Trek Certified Service (TCS): Validate consistency of work order labor and bike builds, Ascend (retail management software) training, training of service team to properly execute test ride checks and ensuring mechanics are up to date on the latest technologies.
• Manage and Control Service Costs: Review daily/weekly/monthly service reports and be prepared to address all variances. Submit monthly report to Store Manager. Recommend staffing assignments to ensure service area is staffed and resources are effectively deployed throughout the service center and across all shifts.
• Active Professional Development: Active participant in Trek University. Proactive approach to staying up to date with industry changes.
A service lead needs to have at least 3+ years of bicycle service center experience. This individual must demonstrate dynamic leadership skills with the ability to lead, motivate and develop future leaders. Previous leadership experience is a plus. Experience creating and maintaining an outstanding customer experience is a must. Commitment to a safe, clean and fun environment for employees and customers. Willingness to learn; attend Trek Certified Service classes and other industry training opportunities throughout the year.
The Bicycle Building position will assemble all bicycle sold at our retail locations. As new bicycles arrive at the store, the builder would be responsible for maintaining assembly schedules and quality inspections. A fast learning and excited individual would aid in proper inventory management to ensure that the sales staff was supplied accurate information regarding currently built product.
• Position Responsibilities
• Learn the proper Point of Sale practices that relate to bicycle building.
• Work directly with Service Managers to develop quality bicycle builds and expectations.
• Efficiently complete daily work schedules and tasks.
About Colonial Bicycle Company
New Hampshire seacoast's premier bike shop. We are a group of cycling zealots committed to inspiring our local community. As one of Trek's top partner retailers since 2009, our products represent a curated collection of the highest quality gear available. Handpicked for cyclists of all abilities and budgets. We understand the value of personal service and the trust that accompanies a great shopping experience. We believe that creating a customer relationship is more important that creating a customer transaction.