Coaching Development Director
Posted by Carmichael Training Systems on 01/17/2023
Industry Sector: Bike, Outdoor
Job Categories: Management - Team
Company Type: Events, Recreation, Service
City: Colorado Springs, CO
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within: Telecommute
Job Description & Requirements
Thousands of endurance athletes depend on CTS every year and we’re grateful for the opportunity to deliver the highest-quality coaching and training services in the industry. Our Coaching Staff is our lifeline in delivering the highest quality endurance coaching available. We are currently looking for a Coaching Development Director who is passionate about endurance sports. Qualified candidates will develop and administer internal programming for a multi-channel approach resulting in a broad set of resources for coaching education, continuing education, certifications, webinars and retreats for cycling, running and triathlon coaches.
This is a dynamic role that will require you to wear many different hats and learn new skills on a regular basis. CTS is a well-established company, but a relatively small team that runs like a startup. As such, sometimes it will feel like “We’re riding a bike as we’re building it.” We’re looking for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and seeks to continually improve and streamline processes and programs.
As the Coaching Development Director, your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Develop a broad multi-channel approach for on-going coaching development for current CTS Coaching Staff.
- Identify and coordinate an on-going stable of thought leaders in endurance sports who can provide continuing education for our coaching staff.
- Provide leadership, manage and engage CTS Coaching Staff through coaching development opportunities and initiatives.
- Develop a standard coaching education model for new cycling and ultrarunning coaches.
- Manage and coordinate on-going communication with CTS Coaching Staff.
- Develop and manage ongoing coaching effectiveness programming.
- Collaborate with the CTS leadership team on developing new products and services, integrating new technologies, and refining the company’s strategic vision.
Some Things You May Do In This Role:
- Coordinate coaching education webinars with various experts.
- Manage coach surveying to identify areas for improvement.
- Create a 1, 2, and 5-year coach development strategy.
- Research new tools and strategies that can be utilized by coaches and integrated in CTS services.
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop messaging and programs that support our athlete community.
- Create an online resource portal for CTS Coaches.
- Act as a consultant to CTS Coaches by routinely reaching out to coaches to discuss pain points and areas of opportunity.
- You have an established network of experts and thought leaders in endurance sports that you can utilize to assist in on-going coaching development and continuing education.
- You can effortlessly connect with people over the phone and internet.
- You are an expert at building relationships across an organization.
- You are an experienced educator and facilitator.
- You are comfortable taking complete ownership of projects from ideation to execution.
- You have the skill set and understand the need for on-going professional development and leadership.
- You understand the importance of leadership and management to a diverse network of coaches from cycling, running and triathlon backgrounds.
- You can efficiently block your time to stay focused on projects with tight deadlines.
- When given a task, you find a way to get it done, whether it requires a Google search, learning a new skill or asking team members questions.
Required College degree/certifications:
- Bachelor of Science or greater in either exercise physiology, kinesiology, nutrition or appropriate studies.
- High level coaching background (Preferred)
- International coaching experience (Preferred )
- Practical background in sport science
- Athletic background
- Google Suite (Preferred)
- Salary commensurate with education and experience
- Medical and Dental Benefits available
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedule
- Colorado Springs, CO or remote
- Reports to CEO
A pioneering company in the endurance coaching industry CTS has improved the performance of more than 20,000 athletes since 2000. Founded by renowned coach and author Chris Carmichael, and home to more than 50 professional coaches, CTS seeks to change lives and ultimately the world, through the power of movement, healthy habits, knowledge, and inspiration. The company provides personal coaching, training camps, and Endurance Bucket List experiences to athletes of all ability levels. For more information, visit www.trainright.com.
CTS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About Carmichael Training Systems
A pioneering company in the endurance coaching industry, CTS has improved the performance of more than 17,000 athletes over the past 18 years. Founded by renowned coach and author Chris Carmichael and home to more than 40 full-time, professional coaches, CTS provides personal coaching, training camps, and Endurance Bucket List experiences to athletes of all ability levels. For more information, visit https://trainright.com.