Senior Product Manager - Distributed Brands
Posted by HLC on 01/17/2023
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Management - Product -Brand
Company Type: Accessories
Country: Canada, United States
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within: Telecommute
Job Description & Requirements
Are you looking for a company where your position can evolve at high speed? Do you want to work in a growing business, whose innovative thinking is at the forefront? Are you passionate about brands and trends in the bike industry? Is working collaboratively with vendors, supply chain, marketing and sales important to you?
Success in this position is driven by your passion for leading, your ability to advocate for our vendors, and your passion for all things cycling. This role uses data to make decisions and execute on them. If you can demonstrate all of this and are ready to take action and achieve results, we’d love to get to know you. We believe that once you get to know us, you will agree, there is no better team to be a part of!
What will you do in this role?
- Select and maintain the right portfolio of products for your brand
- Ensure profitability of your brand by performing price analysis, market analysis and negotiations with vendors
- Develop brand marketing plans for our key partners and participate in planning and implementation of marketing plans
- Ensure good presentation of the products (technical specs, attributes, content) in our website and other sales and marketing tools
- Participate in the development of all sales channels including brick and mortar stores, marketplaces, and direct to consumers
- Analyze reports, trends, and competitors and make recommendations for product opportunities
- Become a valued partner for your brands
- Perform sales/market analysis in order to provide buying/forecasting intel on new products and changing trends
- Offer HLC complete suites of services to our partners to maximize their reach in all channels
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Passion for cycling and outdoors!
- Experience in product management of vendor distributed products
- Experience in omnichannel including D2C is a plus
- Great analytical skills and advance excel competencies
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and remain organized and focused on the details
- The ability to engage, inspire, motivate and influence others
- A keen understanding of what it means to work as part of a team
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key external partners
- Positive attitude and the desire to make positive contributions to the company beyond the scope of your normal job responsibilities
- Flexibility….because things can change and we need to change with them
HLC is one of the largest distributors of bicycle parts and accessories in Canada and USA. We like to say it because to get there, it took exceptional employees!
We are very grateful to our employees. That's why we try to make them feel at home, even at work! We like to be ahead of our time when it comes to balancing social life / family versus work, including telecommuting.
In addition to standard benefits including insurance and group RRSPs, we share the profits with our employees, we offer discounts on the equipment we distribute, we provide access to a training room, we pay for event registrations, we even allow the possibility of bringing your dog to work and more!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, if you’d like to help us get to know you better, please submit a short (under 2 minutes please) video introducing yourself to us along with your resume. Want to learn more about us? Please feel free to explore our website and social media.