Sr. Quality Engineer
Posted by Dometic Corporation on 01/25/2023
Industry Sector: Lifestyle
Job Categories: Design - Engineer
Company Type: Accessories, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Dometic Corporation is seeking a Sr. Quality Engineer for its Troy, MI location. The Sr. Quality Engineer will be responsible for supporting activities related to the management of the Quality program. The Sr. Quality Engineer will assist the quality, procurement, manufacturing, sales and engineering departments with the day-to-day issues relating to ISO certification, validation, quality performance, and problem solving. This position will report directly to the Vice president of the division and will perform the following duties:
- Develop and maintain methods of inspection, testing and evaluation to determine conformance to Dometic standards;
- Ensure compliance to the Dometic Quality Manual and regulatory requirements;
- Ensure that 8Ds / CARs are created and verify corrective action plans are compliant with Dometic standards;
- Conduct production line audits to determine capability of the manufacturing processes, quality system and ability to comply with Dometic specifications; develop and audit PFMEA and Control Plans;
- Assist in the qualification and disqualification of suppliers;
- Initiate engineering change management with regard to quality systems ;
- Utilize computer skills to collect, track and report on quality improvement objectives;
- Process and facilitate the generation of documented information activities;
- Communicate effectively with QA staff and Team Leaders on problem solving objectives;
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action;
- Assist in communicating Corrective Action reports to internal and external customers;
- Recommend and implement enhancements to the quality system that result in improved quality, increased customer satisfaction, and/or simplification of processes to reduce costs;
· Provide technical support for and continually review processes, equipment and related operations;
· Apply systematic problem-solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving quality issues;
· Assist in preparing work instructions, procedures and other quality system documents.
Must have a Master’s degree in Quality, Engineering, Science, or related field plus 3 years of related experience. Required experience must include 3 years of experience in the following areas:
· Using metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality assurance practices;
· Using Minitab and perform the statistical analysis on the process/product capabilities;
· Automotive quality systems, procedures and processes such as APQP and IATF16949;
· Kaizen projects and implementing continuous improvement activities for production processes;
· Planning, controlling, and ensuring product and process quality in accordance with quality principles, which include planning processes, material control, acceptance sampling, and measurement systems;
· Understanding of GD&T for reading and interpreting 2D component and system prints; and
· Utilizing quality problem-solving techniques such as 5 why, 8-D, and others for root cause analysis.
Pre-employment background/drug screening required. Domestic travel 10% of the time is required.
Send cover letter and detailed resume to Dometic Corporation, Attn: Susan Mazurkiewicz, HR Director, 5155 Verdant Drive, Elkhart, IN 46516 or via e-mail to email@example.com. EEO.
About Dometic Corporation
Millions of people around the world buy and use Dometic products. They’re RV users, boat owners, truck drivers, campers, and outdoor people. All part of a growing movement – a longing for freedom and adventure, a desire to explore the world, and to stay away for extended periods of time. We call it mobile living. Our mission is to make mobile living easy through smart and reliable products with outstanding design.