Burris Company Inc, a trusted sports optics manufacturer located in Greeley, Colorado is looking for an on-site Vice President of Operations. This position serves as the leader of new product development, finished goods sourcing, supplier development, logistics and manufacturing. The position reports to the General Manager and is responsible for the attainment of operational objectives and the development and implementation of long-term plans.
Must be willing to relocate.
· Meet the Company’s annual financial objectives by managing manufacturing, product development, purchasing, supplier selection / relationships, quality, cost, inventory, logistics, and plant performance measures.
· Set and deliver long-range planning, policies, programs, and objectives for Operations.
· Achieve safety objectives
· Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, problem resolution, coaching, training, and development.
· Oversee the product development process: from concept, engineering to production or sourcing.
· Develop plans and establish procedures for maintaining high standards to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
Sourcing and Logistics
· Manage / improve company buying procedures. Establish S&OP rhythm. Negotiation of large contracts, terms, pricing, vendor / supplier selection, management, and evaluations.
· Optimize logistics, inventory management, shipping and receiving.
· Oversee manufacturing goals: output, efficiency, quality, cost, training
· Ensure all areas are structured to meet present and future requirements, including definition and proposal of building, layout, and capital expenditures.
· Oversee overall building maintenance, trouble shooting of building systems.
Education & experience requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree and/or 12 years related work experience
· New Product Development
· Experience sourcing finished products from foreign suppliers. (Asia experience a must).
· Supply chain, logistics, Shipping and receiving.
· Manufacturing experience / having worked or lead a manufacturing team / process
· Job cost analysis and running manufacturing operations within budget objectives.
· Contract negotiation: terms, requirements, partnerships, investments, etc.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Product development process
· Sourcing and supply management strategies.
· Manufacturing (production / assembly), lean management
· Knowledge and understanding of ERP and MRP systems and/or the ability to learn new software and order management systems quickly.
· Strong leadership and people management skills and the ability to motivate and lead teams.
Strong active listening, verbal and written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Successful background check and drug screen required.