Bike Park and Trail Designer
Posted by Rock Solid Trail Contracting, LLC on 03/13/2023
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Design - Engineer
Company Type: Recreation
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: 55000 to $65000
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
DEPARTMENT: Planning + Design Department
REPORTS TO: Design Project Manager
Rock Solid Trail Contracting is growing our design team to meet our clients’ needs and is looking for a qualified candidate to join us. The Bike Park and Trail Designer will be involved in our bike park and skills area projects, and must have an understanding of the form and function of modern bike parks. They will also contribute to designs for structure and feature installations and trail building. This is a collaborative design position, and the Designer will work with the project manager, industrial designer, fabricators and construction teams to achieve department goals.
The Bike Park and Trail Designer will be involved in preparing site assessments, concept plans and preparing construction plans and specifications. AutoCAD proficiency is a must, and a background in civil engineering, structural engineering or landscape architecture would be beneficial.
This position is based in our office in Bentonville, AR.
Please be prepared to submit examples of concept and design drawings you have prepared, if requested.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Site Planning and Design
· Collaborate with design and planning teams to complete site concepts for bike parks, skills areas and trail systems
· Serve as the voice of the customer, keeping a focus on a quality user experience
· Participate in scoping meetings with internal team and/or clients to determine requirements for design
· Create conceptual site layouts, using AutoCAD software and with assistance from the project manager
· Prepare detailed designs for bike park and trail construction, using AutoCAD software and with assistance from the project manager
· Create plans for trail signage, landscaping, and storm water management, using AutoCAD software
· Prepare reports for clients explaining the proposed concept/design, with assistance from the project manager
· Execute aerial site surveys via drone photogrammetry, then complete data processing using cloud-based services, and import data into AutoCAD for project use
Bike Features and Structure Installations
· Collaborate with design and fabrication teams to deliver client's ride features, fabrications and structures
· Participate in scoping meetings with internal team and/or clients to determine requirements for design and installation
· Prepare construction drawings for field installation of custom bike features, fabrications and structures using AutoCAD software and with assistance from the project manager and industrial designer
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
We will consider resumes from candidates who can demonstrate their ability to meet the duties and responsibilities listed above. Please submit a cover letter and resume. We may request examples of concept and design drawings you have recently prepared.
A professional background in civil engineering, structural engineering or landscape architecture is preferred.5 years of total combined experience required. This includes time spent in post-secondary education and/or in a profession.
About Rock Solid Trail Contracting, LLC
Rock Solid Trail Contracting is an LLC based out of Copper Harbor,
Michigan and Bentonville, Arkansas, dedicated to creating the best
trails in the industry. Since 2014, Rock Solid has built hundreds of
miles of trail in the United States concentrated mostly in Midwestern
states like Arkansas, Michigan and Minnesota. Recognized as one of the
largest and highest quality mountain bike trail building companies in
the country that can create destination worthy trail systems and elevate
hometown trail systems into regionally recognized status.