Social Media & Influencer Manager - Freelance
Posted by Luna Sandals on 06/01/2023
Industry Sector: Fitness, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Social Media - Digital Marketing
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
State: CA, WA
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Contact Name: Liv McDonald
Job Type: Freelance
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within: Telecommute
Job Description & Requirements
LUNA Sandals is a small and growing adventure sandal manufacturer with a worldwide fan base. If you’ve read the best selling book “Born to Run” by Christopher McDougall, you’ve met our founder, Barefoot Ted. Founded in Seattle in 2010, LUNA Sandals helped pioneer the “zero drop” and “minimalist” running and hiking footwear category that was born along with brands like Altra and Vibram Fivefingers. Learn more about us at www.lunasandals.com.
We make a full line of adventure, running, and traditional sandals using the highest quality materials and processes. We strive to make super comfortable footwear that promotes foot health and encourages users to spend time enjoying the outdoors. We often say we are like “Surfers making surfboards” because we also love to use the tools we make and learn how to improve designs through experience and adventures.
ABOUT THE POSITION
LUNA is seeking a Social Media and Affiliate Manager to develop and direct the overall strategy, planning, management and execution of social and content across all social media channels. We are looking for someone who is passionate about all things social, does not shy away from working at every level to get things done, and has proven success driving social strategy by tracking engagement, views, growth, and algorithms. This position reports to the CEO and works closely with the Marketing, Product and Customer Service teams as well as LUNA partner programs to ensure all social content connects storytelling, commerce and brand.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
• Curates, schedules, and posts channel specific, engaging content across multiple channels.
• Tracks and reports on content engagement, highlight hits and misses to inform future content strategies.
• Maintains content calendar & plans proactively in time for a bi-weekly review.
• Researches and identifies opportunities to leverage new platform tools that drive engagement and website traffic.
• Keeps finger on the pulse of social media including platform updates, emerging trends, and relevant consumer and behavioral insights.
• Responds to post comments, audience inquiries and direct messages in a timely manner, partnering with Customer Service to ensure high-priority needs are met and service levels are maintained.
• Acts as the main point of contact for the LUNA partner programs including affiliates and pro-purchase program members.
• Sources and cultivates influencer relationships in alignment with the brand’s purpose building a user-generated content arsenal focused on increasing brand awareness.
• Tracks and reports on engagement metrics across influencer content.
• Coordinates affiliate/influencer campaigns through product ordering, content review, and reporting.
2+ years of experience with social media content creation and moderation in outdoor industry or health & fitness industry
Driven by story telling and a natural creative
Able to multitask projects with high attention to detail
Digital-savvy and stay up to date with digital technology and social media trends
Organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge and business proficiency with multiple social media channels
Experience using social media management tools
Bonus if you have read the book “Born to Run” by Christopher McDougall
Please apply with:
- A resume
- A note about your favorite thing to do outdoors
- 2-3 sentences about your philosophy of life
- A note about why you think you are a good fit for this role.