The Position: 45NRTH Brand Ambassador
Please submit a cover letter and resume with your application.
Apply by July 6, 2017
Why join us?
At QBP we believe that bicycles make life better, so everything we do is centered around one basic idea: get more butts on bikes. In addition to supplying shops with the most sought after bicycle and outdoor products on the market, we create influential brands that make high quality, innovative products. In fact, most of our employees live, sleep, and breathe bikes. At QBP, bikes are more than just a business; they’re a way of life. If you love bikes as much as we do, QBP might just be the place for you.
What you will do:
The Brand Ambassador speaks the brand story and conveys it to consumers and retailers through travel, by phone, and via email. A strong understanding and use of the brand voice, image, and values is critical to the success of this role. This person travels approximately 14-16 weeks a year to various events and brand retail partners to strengthen our relationships and generate demand for the brands’ products. When not travelling, this person provides brand customer service, problem solving, and technical support on the phones and via e-mail. This individual provides leadership within the brand and the QBP Sales and Customer service departments, demonstrates strong autonomy and his or her results show operational excellence.
The Brand Ambassador works with the brand team and reports directly to the Brand Marketing Manager, who reports to the Brand Manager. Because this position entails a close working relationship with individuals within the brand, those individuals will have input on performance reviews and goals of the individual.
The Brand Ambassador is responsible for educating the brands’ retailers and consumers. This includes travel to store clinics, events, dealer outings and demos in order to increase demand for the brand and ultimately brand sales.
• Work with the Brand Marketing Manager to plan all events, demos, and clinics. Be an ambassador for the brand at various events and manage all consumer and dealer support. These responsibilities include:
o Collaborate with the Brand Sales Manager and Brand Marketing Manager to select the retailers and events to target for best results and ROI for the brand
o Make decisions on how to spend the event budget which may include food, permits, prizes etc. for the event. Make all arrangements for the event to ensure a successful outcome for the brand, retailer, consumer and event promoter
o Determine the appropriate product to exhibit at the event and make all arrangements for their delivery and display
o Maintain brand vehicle to keep it in good working order, including all maintenance
• Be the expert on all things related to the brand including product technology, delivery ETAs, connecting consumers to retailers, processing warranty claims and anything else that comes up. Manage relationship between dealers, consumers, Brand, and QBP by answering questions, providing service, giving recommendations and ultimately making sure customer and consumer needs and concerns are being addressed appropriately.
• Monitor market conditions, competitors' products and product innovations and communicate findings to brand leadership. Complete trip reports after each trip that inform brand leadership of the event results, consumer and dealer feedback about the brand and product and information about competitors’ products.
• Be the main contact for all sales employee’s brand questions. Support Sales Reps in their brand sales efforts by ensuring that the right products, samples and support materials are available to them for events and sales visits and establishing goals and expectations.
- Manage the brand’s relationship with QBP’s sales and brand support team to ensure accurate information about ETA’s, product tech, product launches, and warranty matters are communicated in a thorough and timeline manner. Provide technical product training to this group on a regular basis.
- Assist in the processing of warranty claims, working in collaboration with QBP’s sales and brand support team. Process special orders for warranty replacements, pro-deals, and marketing and promotional materials.
Be a vibrant leader within the marketing and sales groups and understand QBP’s sales and marketing departments. Actively reach out to reps and account managers and work closely with them on brand-related initiatives.
*Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
What you need to succeed:
• Passion for bicycles, fatbiking and winter cycling
- Proficient understanding of the brand story, brand position, image, voice and values
• Customer focus and drive to serve people with information and positive experiences
Photography skills, copywriting experience, and proficient knowledge of social media a strong plus
• Enthusiasm and commitment to personal improvement
• Intermediate or higher skill level of MS Office
• Healthy time management skills which lead to a sustainable work-life balance
• 3-5 years of bicycle industry sales or marketing experience
• Strong organizational and planning skills including ability to manage budgets
• Quick action that gets results
• Ability to give and receive effective critical feedback
• Ability and willingness to travel approximately 14-16 weeks per year (via both plane and car)
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly and bend, reach, stoop as needed during events and while loading and unloading vehicle.
• Ability to work in extreme temperatures during events.
• Ability to understand, build and repair all parts of a bicycle
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment criminal background check and a drug screen. Some applicants may be subject to a credit check as well.
Job Location: Bloomington, MN
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: None