|Job Title: ||Account Manager
|Industry Sector: ||Bike, Outdoor
|Job Categories: ||Sales - Inside
The Position: Account Manager
At QBP we believe that bicycles make life better, so everything we do is centered around one basic idea: get more butts on bikes. In addition to supplying shops with the most sought after bicycle and outdoor products on the market, we create influential brands that make high quality, innovative products. In fact, a majority of our employees live, sleep, and breathe bikes. At QBP, bikes are more than just a business, they’re a way of life. If you love bikes as much as we do, QBP might just be your favorite job ever.
What you will do:
The Account Manager II will be assigned a Sales territory or territories and come to know it inside and out. Working collaboratively with the Outside Sales Rep (OSR), Distribution Sales Team, Q-Brands & Brand Ambassador for the territory, the incumbent sells the right product and programs to the right dealers using the full menu of QBP brands and all parts and accessories.
- Be an expert on territory demographics, geography, events, dealer circumstances, external influences, and more. Be conscientious of themes as they develop and communicate relevant information and make recommendations to OSR and regional sales team in order to positively affect sales strategy.
- Communicate with dealers about a full menu of products including sales initiatives, promotions, opportunities and placement of product and programs. Collaborate with OSR to determine sales strategy and identify best product mix, promotion, placement and pricing. Assess each dealer’s selling performance and make recommendations based on findings. Develop, nurture and sustain relationships with dealers to create and increase sales.
- Monitor QBP programs and competitors' programs to identify what dealers want and need. Track dealers' specialties and areas where they need assistance.
- Meet or exceed the goals for assigned territory on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis. Track selling activity using pre-established methods and programs.
- Communicate daily with OSR to have a collaborative, successful relationship. Negotiate with customers on behalf of QBP when adjusting pre-established sales agreements such as discounts, terms, and/or credit limits.
- Meet monthly with the Regional Sales Manager to analyze and strategize monthly and annual results, goals and objectives.
- Manage territory travel and marketing budgets.
- Work on special projects as assigned by the Account Manager Supervisor and/or Regional Sales Manager.
- Work with customers on behalf of QBP to address and resolve any concerns or complaints they may have.
- Make a positive contribution to QBP’s culture, share best practices with the Sales team, and learn continuously.
*Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
What you need to succeed:
- Deep understanding of the sales process and execution of selling skills. Ability to quickly gain knowledge of QBP's product offerings, identify dealer needs and sell the right product to the right dealer at the right time.
- 2-4 years of sales experience in the bike or outdoor industry preferred but not required.
- Excellent relationship building skills supplemented by self-awareness and continuous self-improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, as well as the ability to interpret others by observing tone and body language.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to negotiate in a way that maximizes everyone’s best interests.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills along with the ability to quickly learn and use other programs.
- The Account Manager II reports to the Account Manager Supervisor, who reports to the Director of National Sales, who reports to the President of QBP.
- Ability to travel 3-5 weeks annually. Must possess a valid driver’s license and pass a driving background check annually.
- Available to work Frostbike, Saddledrive, regional events and other events as necessary.
- Extensive use of computers and phones.
Modeling QBP Core Values:
- Act with integrity
- Be a true partner
- Create something special
- Deliver greatness
- Keep the customer first
QBP embraces diversity as part of our core values – women and candidates from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment criminal background check and a drug screen. Some applicants may be subject to a credit check as well.
Job Location: Bloomington, MN
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 3-5 years
Job Application Web Site: https://qbp.com/careers