The Position: Operations Department Team Member
Operations Department Team Member
This position will be part of the Multi-day Operations team. Operations is the backbone to our Multi-day department in charge of all trip equipment and food needs. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, reliable and willing to work as a team player to provide consistent, and high-quality support for AOA’s guide team. This candidate must be capable of working independently without significant, direct supervision and have the ability to anticipate upcoming needs and plan accordingly. The candidate must enjoy the camaraderie of an energetic and diverse team, be independently driven, and understand AOA’s mission.
About Arizona Outback Adventures (AOA)
Arizona Outback Adventures (AOA) is a rapidly growing, and innovative tour operator. Since 1997, Arizona Outback Adventures (AOA) has been the premier provider of multi-day guided backcountry adventures in the American Southwest as well as high-performance bike rentals and single-day guided adventure trips in the Phoenix metro area. AOA offers a unique brand of adventure travel by bringing a focused professionalism to the outdoor travel industry.
Position Start Date: As soon as possible
Position Commitment: This position is part time and seasonal. The workload and hours vary depending on the seasonal demand of AOA’s guided trip schedule. During peak season (May, June & September) the demand is 40+ hours per week and slows down to part time during slow periods. Weekends and evenings are required.
Compensation: AOA will pay a competitive hourly wage based on the selected candidate’s experience and skill set relevant to the position. This position does not include a benefit package.
• College-level reasoning and language skills
• Business communication skills: read, write, speak English fluently
• Working knowledge of word processing software – Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets
• General office skills: multi-line phones, filing systems, form typing, letter format, punctuation
• Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other staff members
• Valid Drivers License
• Must be able and willing to perform physical work including but not limited to:
o Standing for long periods of time, walking, lifting, reaching and bending over
o Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds
• Kitchen and warehouse maintenance, cleanliness and efficiency
• Shop for all food for multi-day trips
• Packing food and gear for multi-day trips
• Vehicle prep for trip departures
• Supervise and assist with guide and trip departures
• Maintain accurate gear inventory
• Sale of used gear
• Equipment processing, maintenance and repair
• Special/other projects as assigned by manager
How to apply
Please email email@example.com your cover letter and resume. Please kindly state in your cover letter a few reasons why you are interested in working for AOA and specifically why you want this job, so we can get to know you better.
Job Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Country: United States
Position Type: Part Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: 50+ miles
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: No
Required Experience Required: None